Topic: Windows Movie Maker 6.0 or Live

Is the Windows Moviw Maker 6.0 or Windows Live Movie Maker better for brickfilms. I have WLMM and didn't know if I should download the 6.0 version.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Re: Windows Movie Maker 6.0 or Live

Niether. Movie Maker isn't that good of an editor. If you want a good editor that's free, get Lightworks. I use it. I would reccomend downloading the user guides as well.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:

Niether. Movie Maker isn't that good of an editor. If you want a good editor that's free, get Lightworks. I use it. I would reccomend downloading the user guides as well.

I heard about that one and was looking at it earlier but it looked like in order to download it you have to give them all kinds of your personal information. Can you trust it.

Oh, yes. They're just keeping track of their beta testers. Lightworks is free because it's a developing software they plan to make into a paid software. They're letting us use it for their beta testing. For a software that's not finalized yet, it works pretty well.

minifig051 wrote:

Oh, yes. They're just keeping track of their beta testers. Lightworks is free because it's a developing software they plan to make into a paid software. They're letting us use it for their beta testing. For a software that's not finalized yet, it works pretty well.

OK. So do you know if it will always be free or only while it's a beta. Sorry this question might be silly.

Last edited by Brickcrazy (November 5, 2011 (04:36pm))

Since it's a beta version, I guess it'll always be free.

minifig051 wrote:

Incorrect.

It's an old film editing tool digitised. It's open source and will not be paid after beta. You would have to pay for add-ons if you want any. But the core product will always be free.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am