Topic: FIGHT CLUB Brickfilming Contest Hosted by thefourmonkeys [CLOSED]

http://brickfilmersguild.com/elgg/pg/photos/download/12762/inline/
Thefourmonkeys are hosting a brickfilming contest called FIGHT CLUB. This is the first time we have posted a topic about one of our contests on BiM. We wanted to improve the number of quality participants in this contest, so posting here was obvious since some great brickfilmers are regulars on this website.

Our past contests have had from 200-400 entries, so winning the grand prize or just winning a category in a thefourmonkeys' contest is quite an accomplishment considering the competition. 

Please checkout the contest video on our YouTube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyASEf3rqQ

RULES:

- 1st Rule: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

- 2nd Rule: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB
(basically rules 1 & 2 just mean we are not answering questions about it.  Those rules are just our homage to the original movie) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agi8PUmlAKU   

- 3rd Rule: Make a brickfilm fight scene. Only 2 minifigures in the video are allowed to fight. You can have other people in the background if you like, but only 2 can fight in the entire video. Use Lego minifigures only, no Mega Bloks, Bionicles, or anything else. 

- 4th Rule: The FIGHT CLUB logo must be shown at the beginning of your video for at least 5 seconds, just like we did in the contest video.
Here is the link to the logo which you MUST use:
http://brickfilmersguild.com/elgg/pg/ph … 62/inline/

- 5th Rule: Violence with blood is acceptable. Guns and all other weapons are allowed. No offensive language or material, meaning no sexual or racial content.

- 6th Rule: Your video must be at least 10 seconds long, and no more than 3 minutes. You must have at least 4 seconds of actual stop motion animation in your video.

- 7th Rule: The video must be have a 2011 date. If you have old footage you want to include in your new video that is fine. As long as ALL of the rules are followed it will be accepted.  Contest entries are being accepted NOW!  You do not need to wait until a certain date to enter.  Just make sure you enter before the deadline.
The deadline is December 31, 2011 - 11:59 PST
(0800 GMT)
Judging begins January 1, 2012.
DO NOT ask when the results will be released.

- 8th Rule: Do not ask questions to thefourmonekys about the FIGHT CLUB rules. Please just read & follow the rules, they are very clear.

- 9th Rule: You are allowed to submit as many videos as you want as long as you follow ALL of the rules in each video.

- 10th Rule: Name your video FIGHT CLUB (all caps) just like we did in this video. Do not name it anything except FIGHT CLUB.
You can add a different name at the bottom of the logo like we did in this video, but the title of the video must say FIGHT CLUB just like ours.

SUBMISSION:
Post a video response to our contest video on our YouTube by the deadline.  If your video response doesn't appear after 48 hours, then you didn't follow the rules and it was deleted.
(To leave a video response on YouTube, just click inside the box where you leave comments, you will see the prompt to add a video response)

PRIZES:
Grand Prize will win a Brickarms Spy Pack.

Most Funny, Best Fight, and Best Animation will win a Brickarm or minifigure of our choice.

The contest results will be revealed in a video (typically a brickfilm) on our YouTube channel.  It will be released sometime at the beginning of the new year  (See Rule #1).  We will list the winners here and we will make a playlist on our YouTube Channel featuring the winning videos.

Last edited by thefourmonkeys (November 2, 2011 (06:06pm))

Re: FIGHT CLUB Brickfilming Contest Hosted by thefourmonkeys [CLOSED]

Sounds fun, it's definitely clear that you have everything planned out well.

Last edited by WelcomeToAwesomeness (November 2, 2011 (07:47pm))

bricksinmotion member of the year

Sweeet!!

Hmm I may whip up an entry. I want to ask a question but I know I can't. mini/tongue

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

I'll probably enter in a week or two. Need to wipe the rust off my camera and fix my laptop first.

New YouTube Channel
May 2013 update:
Back after taking a VERY FREAKING long break. 14 months, I believe. Anyways I'm going to be making films again. Much better ones.

Sounds like a great idea.  Alas, fight scenes are my brickfilming weakness so it's unlikely I'll enter.

MadBrick wrote:

Sounds like a great idea.  Alas, fight scenes are my brickfilming weakness so it's unlikely I'll enter.

All the better to practice then!

bricksinmotion member of the year

WelcomeToAwesomeness wrote:
MadBrick wrote:

All the better to practice then!

I totally agree, it's great practice. We have given plenty of time to submit an entry. Most of our contests our geared towards practicing certain skills. Practice makes perfect, or at least a fun video to watch. mini/bigsmile
Looking forward to seeing ALL of the entries because they will all be special in some way.
It was very obvious with some of the entries so far that they were having fun making the videos. That's what it's all about and totally makes me sparkle. @(^_^)@

Hmm THIS IS AWESOME mini/bigsmile

I'm back, not like you guys cared
Youtube

I watched it one day, and then another. On the other day, I couldn't watch it. For some reason, you're contest video is blocked from my account. It's sort of frustrating, because YouTube won't allow me to watch it.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

omarnol wrote:

I watched it one day, and then another. On the other day, I couldn't watch it. For some reason, you're contest video is blocked from my account. It's sort of frustrating, because YouTube won't allow me to watch it.

Sounds like a YouTube glitch. There is no way of blocking someone from watching a video that I am aware of.
You could try watching it from our YouTube channel, I'm sure it will work fine there. mini/smile
Either that or maybe try another browser. That is all I can think of that might solve your problem.
Best of luck. @(^_^)@

Well I suppose I could whip something out. I have wanted to make a fight scene in a long time now, and this could be uselful. Damn, you took Santa though. mini/tongue

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

thefourmonkeys wrote:
omarnol wrote:

Sounds like a YouTube glitch. There is no way of blocking someone from watching a video that I am aware of.
You could try watching it from our YouTube channel, I'm sure it will work fine there. mini/smile
Either that or maybe try another browser. That is all I can think of that might solve your problem.
Best of luck. @(^_^)@

Well, my parents somehow installed a filter, and whenever I even watch a CLEAN video like yours, it won't come up.

omarnol wrote:

Well, my parents somehow installed a filter, and whenever I even watch a CLEAN video like yours, it won't come up.

So it's blocking all videos? The settings in the parental control program your parents installed must be set to block all videos. It could be a preset setting that they didn't change. Try asking them to change it for you.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

This is going to be a blast. The monkeys are preparing us for future brickfilms that need fight scenes. mini/bigsmile
Thanks monkeys!

The impossible is possible, possibly.

minifig051 wrote:
omarnol wrote:

So it's blocking all videos? The settings in the parental control program your parents installed must be set to block all videos. It could be a preset setting that they didn't change. Try asking them to change it for you.

Well, some videos I had watched before, but after the filter had been installed, I couldn't watch them. I can only watch like 35% of YouTube's videos. And like thefourmonkeys' contest video, I can't watch most contest videos. That really stinks!

But, alas! There is another way. I will go to thefourmonkeys' BFG profile and watch the video there! Ha-ha, yes. There we go!

Last edited by Mickey (November 8, 2011 (07:38pm))

Cool! mini/bigsmile
If I get time, I will enter. mini/smile

Meh, I might enter. I'm not so into animating fight scenes. This seems a little too much like Brickfilm Fights to me.

-LASF

One of my entries http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJkONSXfKlw  Sorry about the low quality on the video ( I really need a new cam).

We have had a lot of great entries so far, and there is still loads of time for all to enter.
Looking forward to seeing what more people come up with. mini/bigsmile
Wishing you all a very safe and happy weekend. @(^_^)@