Re: Complaints (again?)

I feel like what I am saying is being corrupted and used against me. I can understand the leniency towards the veterans, but I still feel that the older members should be nicer. Desperate attempt at mutiny, my hat.

EDIT: I am at loss at what to say. KG has been on the site since 2008 and has made 266 posts, most of which aren't very useful or helpful in any way at all. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I would very much appreciate it if you would treat me nicer and not like the so-called "desperate mutineer" as quoted above.

EDIT EDIT: I was wondering if anybody would mind tellting me how long my chatroom ban is going to last. thanks mini/cat

Last edited by topit (October 21, 2011 (09:20am))

Cool.

I understand KG is a good brickfilmer, but I think he needs another short Ban. I haven't seen him actually contribute to any discussions in weeks.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Edit: nvm

-LASF

Last edited by LASF (October 27, 2011 (03:09pm))

LASF wrote:
Onion wrote:

I understand KG is a good brickfilmer, but I think he needs another short Ban. I haven't seen him actually contribute to any discussions in weeks.

This.

-LASF

The moderators know what they're doing. Seriously calling for somebodys ban publicly is a hell of a lot worse than making sarcastic jokes. Jokes which are not offensive at all.

Grow up guys.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

It's so hard to have a productive discussion with someone who just won't listen. Keep in mind that the brickfilming community existed long before this site. And yes, we've noted that you don't care for his posts. You've mentioned it a couple of times.

This forum is full of members who think they stand as moderators. People spend so much time proving the maturity and seriousness that the simplest joke is scene as a crime. Moderators have a job to look after the community and well being of the site, not just a silly little comment that pops up occasionally.

I'm more just wondering why exactly he stays on the forum when it seems he has nothing to say. I don't have much to do with BiM much anymore other then the contest, so it doesn't exactly matter to me - all I know is that there's few people who actually like KG as a Forum member, and so I put forth the suggestion. I apologize if it was at all rude, I just couldn't find another way to phrase it.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

topitmunkeydog wrote:

KG has been on the site since 2008 and has made 266 posts, most of which aren't very useful or helpful in any way at all. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If not posting a lot and not contributing to discussions are ban-worthy offenses, we may as well ban everyone on this site.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

But if KG is banned how can we have our weekly cuddle sessWHYIAMITYPINGTHISOUTLOUD

Ah, this is the classic he's-just-fooling-around-but-it's-not-clear-that-he's-not-serious-so-people-don't-realize-it-and-think-he's-being-mean siutation. The Internet is prone to this. In a spoken conversation, people can pick up on this by the person's tone of voice. The Internet lack this, making it impossible to tell unless some clue is added (such as "[/sarcasm]") Some older members feel they have the privilage to kid around. If they're misunderstood, people let it slide because he's a respected member. The kidder forgets to make it clear that they're joking, thinking that people will understand them. But people don't. You can't blame the kidder, who doesn't intentionally offend people. You can't blame the one(s) who take(s) offense, it wasn't clear that they were joking.

What would fix this whole thing is that if older members want to kid around, they need to have some indication that they're kidding. That way, other members will know they're joking and won't take offense.

Last edited by minifig051 (October 21, 2011 (04:50pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

1) This thread has turned to the trolls mini/blankexpression
2) I never said that KG should be banned because of his lack of useful input. It's perfectly fine if you don't say anything at all, but if you look at his record quite a bit of his posts are trolling people.
3) SOMEONE WHO WON'T LISTEN? Boy, you should talk.

I am really fed up at this. I think I am just going to stay out of the conversation. Everybody is so focused on their viewpoint that they corrupt my words against me. I have just given myself another opportunity to be trolled. My apologies.

Trolls? The only troll I see here is KG (EDIT:) and Smeagol (joke).

The point I was trying to make was: They're not purposely being mean. They just come across as mean.

I'm not going against you or anything, I'm just explaining why it happens.

Last edited by minifig051 (October 21, 2011 (06:21pm))

Cool.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Guys, it's the internet. If you don't like it, leave.

minifig051 wrote:

That way, other members will know they're joking and won't take offense.

Why should anyone take offense if they're not being directly attacked?

mcoov wrote:
minifig051 wrote:

That way, other members will know they're joking and won't take offense.

Why should anyone take offense if they're not being directly attacked?

The people who take offense think they're being directly attacked.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

1) This thread has turned to the trolls mini/blankexpression

Cool. I didn't realize we were defining "troll" as someone who disagrees with you. Duly noted.

3) SOMEONE WHO WON'T LISTEN? Boy, you should talk.

Again with the calling me out, but not by name, eh? Passive-aggressiveness doesn't usually foster constructive communication.

Cool.

Ok. Mods, I suggest we close this down. This thread is getting way out of hand. (Waiting to be disagreed with now.)