Topic: Resources

Greetings!

As you all may or may not know, I have been working with Philip (Smeagol) to get the Resources up and running.  Implementation is relatively easy, but we need CONTENT.  This, of course, is where you all come in.  If you have a tutorial and feel like helping out the BiM community, please submit it to the resources.  The tutorial can be any type: text, images, video, or any combination of those.  Please email Sméagol at philipwh[AT]gmail[DOT]com if you wish to submit a tutorial.  Please DO NOT post submissions in this thread, we want to keep this thread strictly for news and feedback regarding the Resources.  Please of course post if you have any questions or suggestions.

If you wish to submit sounds, please visit this thread.

Please keep this in mind when submitting tutorials:

By submitting material to the Bricks in Motion website, the original content creator retains rights to his or her material but also grants Brick in Motion the following rights: Bricks in Motion and its associates may modify submitted material for clarity and/or simplicity. Bricks in Motion and its associates also retain the right to republish submitted material, in whole in in part, in other mediums, included but not limited to, video tutorials, podcasts, interactive programs, and print medium. In any of these cases the original submitter will be given full credit and, if applicable, a link back to his or her website.

Re: Resources

I wouldn't mind doing a walking/running tutorial.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

I wrote:

And if you want to add the FSL, by all means do. I created it to be used. bf/smile
If having it set up as a resource page which I can edit/send edits in to is too much hassle, maybe a link on the Resources page to the thread would be a good idea. I'll knock up a button if you want. Or, maybe a summary with the most popular starting software for each platform on the resources page as a permanent list, and then a link to the thread's evolving list. What do you think?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/RockyFS/things/sigbim1_copy.jpg

-Available to answer questions on Hardware, Software, and Audio. Also, I recommend checking out the offical Free Software List

My website (WIP) has tutorials on Lego and animation so when I am done, I will be sure to send them in.

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

I made a walking tutorial a month ago and told Schlaeps several times but never got a reply.

It covers the basic walk cycles, 4 frame, 5 frame and 6 frame walk.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

I could donate a white expanse tutorial, since I love doing them and they are easy, and I could do a tutorial of the running cycle that I mostly stole from Crispy Cheeser.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I can do a Gunshot tut for Photoshop or Gimp. Its basically teh same. Should I do it Photoshop, Gimp, or both?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Nathan, Have you thought about submiting your Bricks In Motion tutorials from youtube?

Nathan,
I e-mailed you my tutorial on minifig customization with an eraser.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

I have 4 tutorials on special effects in brickfilms I would be happy to share. They require Gimp and Sony Vegas though.

Muzzle Flare/Gun Shot in Gimp

Lightsaber in Gimp

Chroma Keying/Blue Screening in Sony Vegas

Overlaying one video over Another in Sony Vegas

Will I E-mail you download links?

Last edited by Splash (March 5, 2009 (08:11am))

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

I can do a fighting tutorial

Everyone's contributions are appreciated.  Yes, I do plan on adding my video tutorials to the Resources, among other things.

What resources would you guys like to see?  Do you want more of a focus on animation, or software, or set-building.  Do you prefect text articles, or videos, or illustrations?  Do you want the resources purely brickfilm related, or do you want it to expand out to include general filmmaking and LEGO resources?

I'd like to see a huge sound library. mini/smile

As would I, sound is a very important part in a good film, and I think many brickfilmers are lacking in the sound area. I'll be excited for the resources section as well, it sounds like it will be great.

Here is a small pack of sound effect I made (I have a larger sound library, but I can't give most of the effects away) You can use them without restriction, don't even need to credit me.

Sweet thanks Sloth, I try those out sometime. mini/smile

Last edited by Olsonstudios (March 7, 2009 (05:01pm))

Nathan Wells wrote:

Everyone's contributions are appreciated.  Yes, I do plan on adding my video tutorials to the Resources, among other things.

What resources would you guys like to see?  Do you want more of a focus on animation, or software, or set-building.  Do you prefect text articles, or videos, or illustrations?

I like to see some animation-tutorials, tipps for set-building, set-design, tipps for video-screen-design, tipps for cinematography, cams (webcam/Digicam).
Means, more of those things which don´t need Software/FX. More" basic" back to the roots.
Because software-tutorials has often the problem with several operatings- and software sytems. I don´t own Vegas, you don´t own Carrea, he don´t own Adobe Premiere/AE.

And basicly a brickfilm begins with shooting the frames...

Video-tutorials often has a higher size (mb), but its easyer to show/teach what/how to do.

Tutorials should have a step by step version and a video version.

_2014

And pictures. Those are quite usefull.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

The step by step version would have them.

_2014