Topic: The Disco Chronicles

Directory Link

The Disco Chronicles

Youtube

It started out as a test to see if I could make a disco ball work, but then I got a little carried away

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Re: The Disco Chronicles

Beauty. That was very clever and I loved the effect!

Five friggin' stars.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Great effect!!!

I did that in Pirates Rule! mini/smile

Except I used a different piece, from the top of a Knights Kingdom Tower, which is basically a big half blue disco ball. I love that type of lighting effect.

Good job on the animation, too. mini/smile

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Except I used a different piece, from the top of a Knights Kingdom Tower, which is basically a big half blue disco ball.

Hmm... I suppose if two of those pieces could be put together... But how would it attach to the celing?

Nevermind. The only way to do both of those connections is to cheat (poster putty or masking).

Anyway, it looks great! That famous disco dance move (whatchacallit?) at the end inspires me to make a test improving my old version of the same movement.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

that was pretty awesome!
5 out of 5:D

minifig051 wrote:

Hmm... I suppose if two of those pieces could be put together... But how would it attach to the celing?

Nevermind. The only way to do both of those connections is to cheat (poster putty or masking).

The disco ball itself wasn't even a lego piece, I think it's actually like a little trinket that's supposed to go on a key chain.  I have no idea where it came from, and I just kinda found it when I was cleaning my room one day, and I wanted to make a video with it.

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

StanTheLegoMan wrote:
minifig051 wrote:

The disco ball itself wasn't even a lego piece, I think it's actually like a little trinket that's supposed to go on a key chain.  I have no idea where it came from, and I just kinda found it when I was cleaning my room one day, and I wanted to make a video with it.

I know. I wasn't saying that's what you did, I was just trying to see if it could be possible to make a disco ball out of those Lego pieces. I guess I wasn't that clear on what I was talking about.

Last edited by minifig051 (October 9, 2011 (12:38pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

StanTheLegoMan wrote:
minifig051 wrote:

Okay, but how did you do it? Rotate the ball a couple of degrees each frame?

http://www.windlovers.nl/downloads/OBD/OBD_Banner.png

Yup, I just rotated the ball a couple of degrees each frame

Youtube | Twitter