Topic: Exquisite Corpse(verbal game)

I thought it would be fun if we could all join in on a game of Exquisite Corpse! mini/smile

Don't know what Exquisite Corpse is? Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia.

"Exquisite corpse, also known as exquisite cadaver (from the original French term cadavre exquis) or rotating corpse, is a method by which a collection of words or images is collectively assembled. Each collaborator adds to a composition in sequence, either by following a rule (e.g. "The adjective noun adverb verb the adjective noun") or by being allowed to see the end of what the previous person contributed."

It's a great exercise in surrealism, and it warms up those writing engines of yours. The results can be pretty funny to. If you still don't understand then try looking it up on Google.

No great writing skill is needed, just the ability to write a short section of prose. Each writer will write a short little ditty -- no more than a paragraph, and then PM it off to me, as the administrator, and the next person in line to write. Thus, each section will follow from the previous, but not necessarily from anything that came before. You'll get around 3 days or less to write your piece, then you must pass it on.

Around 10 people would be nice, but if we get less than each person may have to write twice. And please fulfill your writing responsibility or you are bad and you will feel bad. I'll make a handy-dandy list of everybody to make things organized. Post if you're interested, it's really quite fun. (and just because you signed up last doesn't mean you'll go last. i might random up the order a bit to make it interesting.)

OFFICIAL ORDER
1. A.
2. Jargon
3. legogod
4. JustKidden
5. WTA
6. mcoov
7. lil jj
8. Brick7

Last edited by WelcomeToAwesomeness (October 31, 2011 (07:05pm))

bricksinmotion member of the year

Re: Exquisite Corpse(verbal game)

I'm interested.

This sounds awesome, I'd like to be a part of it.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I'll help.

I made a nice little list on the first post of everyone joining in. I'll announce when it's starting once we get a few more people.

I'll try it if I can.

Wow!  What a fun idea!  You might want to include a minimum and maximum word requirement for the paragraph, as well, so each section will be long enough to have sufficient plot/details, but short enough to not ramble on and on.

Well, I was thinking at minimum two sentences, and at most a paragraph (4 or 5 sentences). I don't want to restrict people too much, I just want to stay within that zone.

Sign me up, please.

ブリックフィルマー

Okay, we have seven people! I'm going to give it one more day or two to see if we have any late signups, then I'll be starting it.

blip blop bleep bloop randomizing order

blip blop bleep bloop done

1 A.
2. Jargon
3. legogod
4. JustKidden
5. WTA
6. mcoov

Looks like we're going to have to do two rounds, so each person will get 2 turns to write. If anyone else has any more questions about the rules don't be afraid to PM me or just post in this thread. Once everybody has gone two times, I'll organize the whole thing and post it here! Signups are pretty much closed, but if you're just dying to participate then quickly say so. After today, no more late sign-uppers. Good luck Olson, you're first!

Last edited by WelcomeToAwesomeness (October 10, 2011 (07:54pm))

Looks like Olson can't do it, he's going on vacation. So A, you'll be taking his place. Remember, you have 3 days or less to finish, we don't want someone working on it for weeks.

If you want, I can help

Added you in lil'jj.

So what's the status? Has legogod sent it to you yet JustKidden?

He has, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Do I just keep writing about whatever he said, or do you know if there's more characters? At the moment the paragraph is talking about a cat. Not sure if I should keep going with that or if there's something else I should be writing about. (It said "his cat", so I'm assuming there's more characters)

I must be stupid, haha

I had the same problems and worked with them. Everything that came from me was born from the person before-what he wrote. I took the maximum-I think I wrote 4-5 lines while the one I worked with was only two. I hope I haven't dead-ended the game in its infancy as I think it's supposed to come around again. I still think it's a fun idea and we can iron out some hiccups with the first run-through.

I also didn't know if it should read like a poem or story...

Jared

Yeah, this is my first ever doing something like this so I'm just kinda figuring it out as it goes haha. I think it's supposed to be more like a story legogod, and about the confusion with the characters, I think you can just kinda let it go as i've read some other ones before and they're very weird. so just keep going justkidden it's okay if you no clue what's going on, just follow-up on legogod's part to the best of your ability. I to would like to see this, or something like this come around again legogod. I think bim could use some fun community events, even if they don't have to do with brickfilming per se.

Last edited by WelcomeToAwesomeness (October 16, 2011 (10:41pm))

Ok, I should have it done by Wednesday. (kind of a long time, but yeah)

thanks for sending it off some promptly JK! To be fair, I haven't actually read any of the ones people have sent to me, so i should be just as clueless as you guys are.