Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

I loved the last two episodes.
However, I think it would have been fantastically better if the Games Ponies Play came first followed by Just for Sidekicks.
It would have been hilarious to see Spike, the pets, and the CMC thee at the end of the episode with absolutely no idea how it came to be.

Last edited by Squid (February 10, 2013 (11:36am))

I made my sister watch it like that and it was hilarious.
"WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!"

I thought they might allude to Twilight becoming an alicorn next week, but the whole Spike/CMC thing totally made up for it.

That episode was brilliant.

Sean wrote:
Sean wrote:

Don't get too excited for the movie. Various DHX staff refused to work on it. That's all I'll say.

consider me STOKED

[dash]

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I'm guessing that the Equestria Games won't be in Magical Mystery Cure, but I hope that we get a Season 4 episode with it. I do love it when they have stories which go over multiple episodes.

Yeah the recent episode was pretty good. Who else noticed the switching cutie marks?

Talk about unintentional foreshadowing.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

I quite liked the switcheroo thing they pulled off, although I agree with Squid on the order. Personally I don't care if Twilight becomes an Alicorn. It opens up way more possibilities for the show (although I'm pretty certain it's not going to be permanent). Worst case scenario would be if she moves to Canterlot and we got a replacement Twilight mini/lol .

@Walter Benson Yeah I noticed that to. I think it's because they re-use assets of previous episodes (although I'm very inexperienced in Flash, so I don't know). But whatever. There are tons of silly glitches in episodes, and it's find to find them in my opinion (although some can be quite horrifying).

Does anybody also know why there is an absence of background Derpy this season? Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't really find her.

Derpy got removed because some soccer mums got riled up and complained she was offensive to disabled people.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

According to this video her model still seems to be used as a background pony. However she is usually so obscured it's almost the equivalent of not seeing her at all.

Heck I don't even know if some of those were her to begin with, but the one in Magic Duel certainly looked like her.

Derpy's appearances remain occasional after the controversy in Season 2, however, they seem gone in season 3, since I'm assuming that's around the time they were doing that.

She's still sort of there, but as an extra background pony, and very, very hard to spot. Her placement looks to be as if it's not even meant to be there as an egg, just an extra pony.

I doubt that she will properly return any time soon.
I hate to sound pessimistic, but it really looks to me like the Derpy we love is gone.

As of season 3, she's gone for good. After the (ridiculous) controversy when she got a speaking role in "The Last Roundup", Hasbro originally ordered for her to be completely whitewashed from the series. Forward and backward. Meaning, rereleasing ALL the episodes she'd made an appearance in with her removed. Thankfully DHX talked them down from this. She was going to have a proper role and a larger part in the season 2 finale and season 3 respectively, but that was nixed.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Well, it's not like she actually did anything in the show. The main reason I like her as a character is because of the fanon developed by the bronies themselves. Without that she would essentially be "LOL derpy pony is adoraburu" and that's all.

I really loved Derpy, having a game of spotting her in the episodes was quite fun.
Though, the show will still be great without her, I just wish something could be done about people thinking everything is offensive.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/s … organ.html

Twilight's getting a new voice actor.

Yes.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IcZYejygO8A/URrR5PUdMXI/AAAAAAAAdCQ/B2pmXs8aQDc/s640/mlpgirls.png

The rumors are growing.

Walter Benson wrote:

The rumors are growing.

I'd like to say that this is a spin off, and it will likely not affect the primary show itself.  Therefore, there is no chance of it ruining anything if it is bad.

I really do hope that those human images are either very rough concepts or completely fake.  They looks absolutely horrid.  Nope nope nope.

I'd probably be okay if the humans looked really nice, I've seen good humanized ponies before, and they can look alright.  Having the skin match the coat, though is just odd.  It makes them look more like aliens.

I'm going to wait until some new developments come into light, but if those are the final designs, I have very low expectations for it.  Because it comes in Spring, we won't have to wait long to find out more.

Still, I think that it may be possible to be a good show, so long as the designs aren't that.  I'll wait and see.
And, of course, I will watch it no matter what.

I feel like the Hasbro executives are reading way too many fanfics...

On second thought though, human Fluttershy... <3

what the hell

equestria girls

w-whgat

what

wWHAT

actually wait i read the actual article and it sounds interesting how they're being sent into an alternate dimension

Last edited by Just Kidden (February 12, 2013 (10:35pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

When imagining a MLP spin-off, I think more along the lines of a show which takes place in some other part of Equestria, perhaps Manehattan, just with a bunch of fresh characters.