Topic: Is Keeping Pictures A Good Idea?

Okey plokey. Normally, I keep all the footage (pictures) from the film in certain files in my hard drive. I do this because if I need to go and edit something, the pics are still there. Also, if I wanted to use them in a different film. But lately, I've  been thinking, if I needed a clip in a different film, or to go in and edit the film, I could just do that to the already edited film, not re-edit it. Also, thousands of pictures take up a frickin lot of space. So, what do YOU do? mini/madhead

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Re: Is Keeping Pictures A Good Idea?

I put the pictures on an external hard drive and then delete them from the computer's internal hard drive, because as you said, pictures take up a lot of space.

I keep my stuff on an external hard drive. The Folder for my Brickfilms has reached a size of 123 Gigabytes. And I also have back-up folders for every photo just in case I want to redo special effects.

I personally think it's a pretty good idea. As I often find the desire to go back to old pictures and do stuff with them. So it makes since to keep them.

I'd suggest getting an external, they can have a whole lot of extra space. Very useful.

What's best is to just keep the video files and use the grab frame option in your video editing software. Most editing suites have this and it usually allows you to save the pic in your documents and also insert it into your movie as well.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Keep the frames if you can afford the space. If not, make sure you have a copy of the video with the highest resolution possible.

If you have VirtualDub, you can keep the video, and if you need the pics import the video in to VD and split the video up (*facepalm* I can't remember what the process is called) into pictures to edit.

I hope I make sense. mini/tongue

I actually use an external hard drive, for those who are wondering.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]