Re: The Festival Of Souls 2 Update Thread!

Well if you do it right, it's great.

I'm making a basic outline, this actually help me quiet a bit.  My film has a title in progress but it's called "Intangible".  No clues yet to what it's going to be about.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Binding Brick wrote:

I'm making a basic outline, this actually help me quiet a bit.  My film has a title in progress but it's called "Intangible".  No clues yet to what it's going to be about.

I have a "101 Things I learned In Film School" book - pretty helpful too, and not just about scripting. Definitely recommend it! mini/tongue

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

jstudios wrote:
Pillow wrote:
jstudios wrote:

As Realbrick said in the Contest and Festivals thread, I hope everyone just doesn't go for a crazed murderer trying to kill someone.

That's not to say that it can't be done right (e.g. Halloween, Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc.)

Yes, but I feel it's a bit overused and generic.

That's understandable seeing all the copycat movies and ripoffs and sequels etc. But still it can feel fresh and effective if done right. Two good examples of recent films are: Death Proof and Wolf Creek.

Ok, I thought out almost all of it, now I just got to write things down, and then make a script. If everything goes fine, at least by the 25th (if possibel earlier) I should start animating. I won't reveal anything.

Let's hope i can finhish mine mini/tongue

I like stuff...

I've developed my film's story, I just need to write the script.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

This is basically the plot for my entry titled 'Freight'.

*takes a deep breath*

A man who holds a grudge on the citizen of his town, who come to his house and scare him every Halloween during his childhood. When he grows up, he plans to take revenge and on Halloween, he dubs himself as 'Freight' and haunts the whole town. Now devoured by insanity, he slowly loses his mind and begins something even worse...

It's kinda a mix between the horror and psychological thriller genres. mini/smile

Back In Black!

Hmm, i'd suggest give a better reason for revenge. Maybe he witnessed something? A prank gone wrong? A murder? Something that could've psychologically damaged him to cause revenge, just because they scared him doesn't give a good reason.

KinzCove wrote:

Hmm, i'd suggest give a better reason for revenge. Maybe he witnessed something? A prank gone wrong? A murder? Something that could've psychologically damaged him to cause revenge, just because they scared him doesn't give a good reason.

Hmm... I don't have any ideas at this moment. Any ideas?

Back In Black!

I PMd my idea to you.

Thunderbolt wrote:

*takes a deep breath*

A man who holds a grudge on the citizen of his town, who come to his house and scare him every Halloween during his childhood. When he grows up, he plans to take revenge and on Halloween, he dubs himself as 'Freight' and haunts the whole town. Now devoured by insanity, he slowly loses his mind and begins something even worse...

It's kinda a mix between the horror and psychological thriller genres. mini/smile

I would also not have him  do it every Halloween, because, well, that's what's done in John Carpenter's Halloween. If you give it more meaning like Kinzcove said, also think of a specific day it's supposed to happen.

Pillow wrote:
Thunderbolt wrote:

*takes a deep breath*

I would also not have him  do it every Halloween, because, well, that's what's done in John Carpenter's Halloween. If you give it more meaning like Kinzcove said, also think of a specific day it's supposed to happen.

Oops, I forgot to say. He only does it on one Halloween, which is in this year.

Back In Black!

Thunderbolt wrote:
Pillow wrote:
Thunderbolt wrote:

*takes a deep breath*

Oops, I forgot to say. He only does it on one Halloween, which is in this year.

But....what Vik said - isn't that like the movie Halloween? Beside that, I like the story! But really - change the date, that is just too much like Halloween. mini/confused

EDIT: Or maybe what Kinz said! That maybe the guy could accidentaly mudrer someone in the main guy's childhood? Well then maybe the other guy, (the main guy) could do it on the date when the guy who was haunting him accidentaly killed that someone - like the main guy's mother or something.

Last edited by Tobias (August 29, 2011 (06:09am))

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png

My entry is coming along just dandy! First set built.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Wait WHAT? You can't enter! YOU'RE HOSTING! >:O

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Onion wrote:

What's that now?

YouTube | Twitter 

Onion wrote:

Wait what? mini/confused

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

Onion wrote:

^ That's one massive typo.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Hah, quite the contest organizer, eh? mini/tongue