Topic: The Battle of New Orleans

Directory Link

The Battle of New Orleans

YouTube

I made this video in the summer of 2003 when I was an active member at Brickfilms.com (before YouTube or anything like it existed). Much has changed since then.

The music is, of course, by Johnny Horton. It's a classic American folk song that many are familiar with about a battle that took place in January 1815, after the signing of the peace treaty that ended the War of 1812.

The scenes with lots of minifigs marching were done by me and my multi-talented cousin James "The Janitor." The excellent custom props (drums, cotton bales) were created by my mom. I had help with set building and animation from Dr. Clarke.

Re: The Battle of New Orleans

Wow, I watched this movie a few years ago, and it is always a pleasure to watch it! mini/bigsmile

-Story: 8/10
   -Cinematography: 8/10
   -Animation: 7/10
   -Effects: 7/10
   -Music: 8/10

→OVERALL: 8/10

An instant classic. One of my favorite music videos.
Every time I hear this song on the oldies station, I picture this.

Thank you ever so much for posting your film again RevMen!
And welcome back.

mini/smile

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Thanks y'all.

I was going to show someone this video and I knew someone else had posted it on YouTube.  So I searched for it and found some history teacher that posted it a year ago and, since then, it's accumulated over half a million views.  The guy didn't even mention my name.  wtf?

So I figured it was time that I uploaded my own version to YouTube and figured I'd probably better put it in the BiM directory while I was at it.

RevMen wrote:

Thanks y'all.

I was going to show someone this video and I knew someone else had posted it on YouTube.  So I searched for it and found some history teacher that posted it a year ago and, since then, it's accumulated over half a million views.  The guy didn't even mention my name.  wtf?

So I figured it was time that I uploaded my own version to YouTube and figured I'd probably better put it in the BiM directory while I was at it.

Did you contact that guy?

I wrote him a message on YouTube but I don't expect to hear back from him.  If he's anything like me, he ignores most of the messages he gets on YouTube, which are almost all a bunch of kids asking "HOW DID YOU DO THAT LOL".

One of the first Brickfilms I watched and one of my main inspirations to start the hobby. Great film.

This continues to be one of my favorite brickfilms and I'm glad to see it in the hands of it's proper creator.

I honestly hate this kind of music, but the video was done greatly. Nice job.

It's a pleasure to watch this video again! We still love it! mini/bigsmile
(And we also watched "Falling out" again which was and still is one of our favorite brickfilms!)

Last edited by France & Alex (August 23, 2011 (12:50pm))

This is one of my favorite brickfilms! mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Wow, first time I saw this. I'm pretty impressed by the animation of multiple figures in action. I loved it, and although it's not my favourite genre of music, I enjoyed it. One of my favourite brickfilms.

This is wonderful, it's sad that another person would steal this and upload it on their channel. You deserve the recognition.

bricksinmotion member of the year

THAT WAS SIMPLY AMAZING! mini/bigsmile
The song fit perfectly!

Also, I liked the drum you made at 1:18.

5/5

-LASF

I had forgotten about this video and how much I love, love, LOVE it!  Thanks for posting it and making me smile.  It is truly a classic! mini/bigsmile

It's a real treat seeing this again. It was one of the earlier really well-made brickfilms I saw, and a BIG influence on my brother (Captain Bulldog).

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

I remember seeing this a few years ago.  Since then I've never been able to get the video or the classic song out of my brain.  In the words of NC "It will never leave!"  This is a true gem and I'm glad you're getting the rightful credit!

Wow, first off I love the song. And second, this was just brilliant! I loved the animation the cannons. And all this is from 2003! Tell your past self that this is by far one of my most favorite brickfilms. mini/smile

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.