Re: BRAWL 2011 Results!

Squash wrote:

or that the judges should have given higher rankings to newer members even if they didn't deserve it, because the results are getting "boring".

I didn't say ''Put Nick at the 40th place and give higher rankings to the choppy animations of the newer members''... 

I said that because there was a lot of good films from the newest brickfilmers. In my opinion, some of the newer members films deserve a better ranking than some of the Old Brickfilmer's films mini/wink

You know, I just said my opinion, and judges have theirs. There's no conspiracy here.

Last edited by Loïc F-B (August 21, 2011 (09:26am))

You misunderstood me. I was not offended at all. I was just making a comparison about what you said about the "bigger" named people entering the contest and not giving other people a chance when that is incorrect.
Everyone has the same chance and we have never won a BIM contest to date, but we still like to enter and try our best and just have fun. That is the whole point of entering a contest, not for the prize, but for the chance of placing against other great brickfilmers. If everyone had the attitude that you did then Tiger would be banned from competing in golf tournaments just to give the other golfers a chance. That would be no fun for anyone. Maybe there is a communication barrier between us that will prevent you from understanding what I mean, but everyone should just have fun entering any contest they choose and hope for the best, win or lose. mini/bigsmile

LGFB Studios wrote:
Squash wrote:

Ahaha, I'm sorry LGFB, but that's a ridiculous thing to say. The satisfaction of winning a contest should be that you beat the best, not that they stepped aside and let you win.

That's not so ridiculous mini/wink

LGFB Studios wrote:

I'm not telling that Nick is not a good brickfilmer, but it's a bit repetitive for me.

LGFB Studios wrote:

The next time, you should give a chance to the younger generation of brickfilmers (Eddie, Onion ect.)...

Nick's film was really good, but I think he didn't deserve the first place... It's my opinion.

thefourmonkeys wrote:

Well asking Nick Durron not to enter a BIM contest is like asking the old Tiger Woods not to enter a golf tournament.

Ahah, I think you have not read my post correctly mini/tongue Did I say he could not enter a BIM contest? Nope...

I'm sorry (thefourmonkeys) if you feel offended because I said that you didn't deserve the 9th place. Sorry mini/sad

thefourmonkeys wrote:

YThat is the whole point of entering a contest, not for the prize, but for the chance of placing against other great brickfilmers. If everyone had the attitude that you did then Tiger would be banned from competing in golf tournaments just to give the other golfers a chance. That would be no fun for anyone.

I'm with you on that point, but you misunderstood me mini/tongue

It's a pleasure to enter a contest with some great brickfilmers... I'm not saying the opposite.

Good, glad we agree. I think we can leave it at that. mini/bigsmile

LGFB Studios wrote:
thefourmonkeys wrote:

YThat is the whole point of entering a contest, not for the prize, but for the chance of placing against other great brickfilmers. If everyone had the attitude that you did then Tiger would be banned from competing in golf tournaments just to give the other golfers a chance. That would be no fun for anyone.

I'm with you on that point, but you misunderstood me mini/tongue

It's a pleasure to enter a contest with some great brickfilmers... I'm not saying the opposite.

LGFB Studios wrote:
Squash wrote:

or that the judges should have given higher rankings to newer members even if they didn't deserve it, because the results are getting "boring".

I didn't say ''Put Nick at the 40th place and give higher rankings to the choppy animations of the newer members''...

Nor did I. When you said we should "give a chance to the younger generation of brickfilms", I thought you were implying that older members should sit out contests to better the chances of younger members. It would seem I just misunderstood you, so that's my bad.

I said that because there was a lot of good films from the newest brickfilmers. In my opinion, some of the newer members films deserve a better ranking than some of the Old Brickfilmer's films mini/wink

You know, I just said my opinion, and judges have theirs. There's no conspiracy here.

I respect your opinion, and now that you've clarified I think I understand it a little better. If there were some sort of judging bias, that would be a shame, but I think the top 3 rankings are reasonable in the context of the rubric we were given, even if they might not have been my highest ranked films. Past that I can't really say. The big lesson to get out of this, I think, is just to enjoy making your film and to take pride in it regardless of what place it got.

I might try to address how the judging went down a little more with Jargon on the BiMBroadcast tonight and see how he felt about it, assuming we get to record.

Squash wrote:

The big lesson to get out of this, I think, is just to enjoy making your film and to take pride in it regardless of what place it got.

I agree with you. That was a pleasure to enter this contest, and I'm really glad I got the 13th place.

Thanks again mini/smile Can't wait for BRAWL 2012! mini/XD

AbsurdAnimations wrote:

I feel for you jstudios.

Thanks, I find it pretty annoying. Like, they can't decide on who gets what. I was mad at some people moving down/up one or two places. But EIGHT FREAKIN' PLACES? Jeez, when I saw the results this morning I was so disappointed. Last night I felt a huge sense of pride in coming 8th out of so many entries, only to wake up to find that I'd gone down by a landslide.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Gone down from what? the unoffical results that bertl posted?

No, last night they posted the official results on the chat (they went from about 1st to 15th) and I was 8th. Now all of a sudden they changed some of the voting and I'm 16th.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Rsteenoven wrote:

Gone down from what? the unoffical results that bertl posted?

BertL results list wasn't unofficial, it was the list that Goliathan posted in the Bim chat.

I hope the results will be more accurate from the first time they are released next year.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

O.O wow i did worse then i thought i would mini/confused mini/eh

Darkman wrote:

I hope the results will be more accurate from the first time they are released next year.

I sincerely apologize for any mishap this may have caused next year I will be more careful to save a backup.

Thanks for hosting this contest, Goliathan. It was lots of fun and I hope it returns next year. Congratulations to the winners!

Actually Goliathan said that some of the results changed because of the crash. Anyway, thanks for hosting the contest, Goliathan - we've had some excellent entries! mini/yes

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Whoa, this is a most interesting discussion. I was kinda shocked to see that I'd won because, as many others have said, my film didn't make good use of the theme at all, not to mention it wasn't made for this contest per se. The contest was just an excuse to make it in a timely manner, so I guess I feel I robbed somebody else of a more deserved win.

I'm sorry you think I win too much, LGFB. You can be sure that next time I'll do my best to make a really, really crappy film!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who hosted the contest. It was fun.

Nick Durron wrote:

Whoa, this is a most interesting discussion. I was kinda shocked to see that I'd won because, as many others have said, my film didn't make good use of the theme at all, not to mention it wasn't made for this contest per se. The contest was just an excuse to make it in a timely manner, so I guess I feel I robbed somebody else of a more deserved win.

I'm sorry you think I win too much, LGFB. You can be sure that next time I'll do my best to make a really, really crappy film!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who hosted the contest. It was fun.

I'm glad you won, as i said with a post by me:

No,because NickDurron will win.GCI beats everything.

cooldynamyteproductions wrote:

This is simply untrue. He didn't win because of the CGI. CGI does not at all beat everything.

Pillow wrote:

This is simply untrue. He didn't win because of the CGI. CGI does not at all beat everything.

People have told him before.

Also, work on your grammar, please. Kthanksbye.

EDIT: Kthanksbye is basically a conclusion, not like I'm gonna use it in school. mini/tongue

-LASF

Last edited by LASF (August 21, 2011 (05:27pm))

Pillow wrote:

Haha, no no Pillow. CGI is infact EVERYTHING. Look at Transformers movies, nothing but awesomesauce as far as the eye can see. [/sarcasm.]