Topic: ToY: Doing it Wright: The Invention of the Airplane

Directory Link

Doing it Wright: The Invention of the Airplane (ToY)

Youtube

Doing it Wright: The Invention of the Airplane is a fictionalized historical account of the Wright brothers and their struggle to successfully create the first powered aircraft.

Shot in 1080p full HD at 15 frames per second, this stop motion short was animated with remote capture, and features an original score.

Stalk me on Twitter

Re: ToY: Doing it Wright: The Invention of the Airplane

I really love your entry, but I find it a bit too repetitive.
There are a few light flickers sometimes when they's outdoor.
However, I liked the music and the animation.
Great job, and Good luck. mini/smile

That was one of the best original brcikfilm scores I've ever heard! mini/dizzy  Best thing about this movie.

I'm sort of out of really long comment energy right now, but I'll make a few disorganized points:
The plane looks amazing.
Sets are a little bland, especially in comparison with the plane.
Effects looked a bit off.
Story was a bit predictable and cliche.
The pun in the title is amusing.
It fit ToY extremely nicely.
One of the best entries I've seen.
Credits and titles looks really nice.

Sadly, however, I am unable to read loopy fancy writing, so I don't know what they say. mini/blankexpression

Good job. mini/smile

I'm a sucker for a good pun, and the title was no exception. This is the first ToY entry I've watched, so you did a decent job at getting my attention. mini/smile

There were a few problems with light flicker and the cinematography was kind of awkward throughout, as if you hadn't spent a whole lot of time actually framing and setting up the shots. Some of the effects looked kind of strange too, it wasn't hard to tell you had animated the plane flying in post.

It was an interesting film, although it felt like it skated over a lot of the details. I didn't know a whole lot about the process the Wright brothers went through before, and I still don't having watched it. I understand it was a fictionalised interpretation, but it felt like in one shot they were in their workshop, and in the next they were trying to fly a plane without any real exposition explaining why they were tryig to create an aircraft.

Well done, it was really good and had a nice charm about it. I hope to see more from you in the future.

Good green gravy, that title is puntastic!

I really like your film, a little repetitive, maybe, but it was well executed and enjoyable!

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl