Topic: Grandfather's Footsteps

Directory Link

Grandfather's Footsteps

Youtube!

A Movie about father and son, filmed at 24 fps.
This is a test, but I don't like tests so I turned it in to a story.
based on StanTheLegoMan's The Unknown. ( View it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I35y4e6xgSA it's awesome!)

Last edited by Keesret (July 4, 2011 (12:00pm))

Re: Grandfather's Footsteps

This seems to be like The Unknown by: Stanthelegoman

Animation was a bit choppy at times, and the set was bland. Good attempt.

Moyrust wrote:

This seems to be like The Unknown by: Stanthelegoman

Animation was a bit choppy at times, and the set was bland. Good attempt.

Yes, This was a test but I don't like tests so I made this. I gave Stanthelegoman credit in the credits of BiM

Last edited by Keesret (July 4, 2011 (12:00pm))

As Moyrust said, it is a tad like The Unknown, but that's called inspiration. In fact, I'm making a film almost similar to a film added a while ago, but different in many ways. In the beginning, it looks to me you used the easy way out of animating a walk cycle, by just having the camera shoot from the waste up, and having the arms move. It looked like it could pass. On that note of the introduction walk scene, the walking noise didn't "match" well. I suggest trying to make your own, since I believe that is "stock" audio of walking since I've heard it before.

A small detail which I hope you pay attention to in the future is the cutting off of the audio. This could have been because you filmed before-hand then called for voice actors, or your voice actors did it unintentionally, not knowing. Another flaw of the film would be the blankness of the surrounding set. If the video took place in a wooded area, have a background image of a forest, and maybe a few lego trees.

The blink at the ended was pretty nice, though having it more matched in color could help. It's hard to match colors exactly, because based off your lighting and what was on your set could make it so it's possible every pixel was a different color, which makes it hard to have the post-production blend in more.

I suggest for you to keep on practicing, and then try to make a film longer than 11 seconds. Good job on this brickfilm. Even though I've seen the joke,  this made me laugh.

Mason wrote:

As Moyrust said, it is a tad like The Unknown, but that's called inspiration. In fact, I'm making a film almost similar to a film added a while ago, but different in many ways. In the beginning, it looks to me you used the easy way out of animating a walk cycle, by just having the camera shoot from the waste up, and having the arms move. It looked like it could pass. On that note of the introduction walk scene, the walking noise didn't "match" well. I suggest trying to make your own, since I believe that is "stock" audio of walking since I've heard it before.

A small detail which I hope you pay attention to in the future is the cutting off of the audio. This could have been because you filmed before-hand then called for voice actors, or your voice actors did it unintentionally, not knowing. Another flaw of the film would be the blankness of the surrounding set. If the video took place in a wooded area, have a background image of a forest, and maybe a few lego trees.

The blink at the ended was pretty nice, though having it more matched in color could help. It's hard to match colors exactly, because based off your lighting and what was on your set could make it so it's possible every pixel was a different color, which makes it hard to have the post-production blend in more.

I suggest for you to keep on practicing, and then try to make a film longer than 11 seconds. Good job on this brickfilm. Even though I've seen the joke,  this made me laugh.

Thank you for the good feedback, but about the lego trees and such, well I've currently only got two trees and the background of paper would've cost too much inkt. mini/XD (greenscreen isn't an option since I don't have the (good) programs for it.) the blinking I know could've been beter. mini/lol