Topic: Reflections in the lego

Some shiny bricks i have show reflections of my camera and my hands when i take a picture. Any suggestions on how to remove this?

Re: Reflections in the lego

Aero_Studios wrote:

Some shiny bricks i have show reflections of my camera and my hands when i take a picture. Any suggestions on how to remove this?

Try to put the light only on the stuff you filming and not on your camera. Also wear dark cloths, turn your monitor away from the set, and when you move the subject, return to the EXACT place as you were before. I know that sounds hard, but it really isn't.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5232/5888638190_6ce46b1d91.jpg

I like to set me camera to a two second timer, giving me some time to move away and put my hands in my lap. That can help a lot. mini/smile

Stand (or sit) to the side of your set when you take a picture. That way, the bricks reflect a place where no movement is going on.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

You could edit the lighting but not a 100 percent chance that will work.
I kinda have the same problem.
Maybe a different angle could help? mini/confused I hate when your camera gets shown in Lego windows

And please don't respond to this saying "you post to much"
EDIT: Never mind that ^^^

Last edited by LASF (August 9, 2011 (09:32am))

Why would I respond like that? Thanks for the help, Ill try it out.

LegoAndStickfigs wrote:

There's nothing wrong with posting too much, if you have have something to say that contributes. No offense, but you do post things in the Releases forum alot that don't contribute like "LOL mini/delirium mini/delirium mini/delirium ".

Chris W. wrote:
LegoAndStickfigs wrote:

There's nothing wrong with posting too much, if you have have something to say that contributes. No offense, but you do post things in the Releases forum alot that don't contribute like "LOL mini/delirium mini/delirium mini/delirium ".

EDIT: Never mind, my past self was being a butt-head blaming somebody else for my ridiculous posts mini/lol That is, my past ridiculous posts.

Last edited by LASF (August 9, 2011 (09:31am))

LegoAndStickfigs wrote:
Chris W. wrote:
LegoAndStickfigs wrote:

OK. Because sometimes people

Spoiler (click to read)

sometimes stoppedmotion and Jargon

say a post too much like that's a bad thing.

Sup bro. We say you post too much because a majority note majority not all of your posts do not contribute to the discussion, double sometimes triple posts, and badly necroing old films in the releases section.

Guys, if you want to talk about LegoAndStickFigs' posting habits, take it to PM or the Cafe Corner. Let's keep this thread on-topic, please.

Another tip is to tape paper over your lamps; it helps to diffuse the light a bit.

You might also want to try angling your lights a bit away from the set to make the lighting a bit softer and less reflective. Also, the paper over lights is a good idea.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

I do already put paper over my lamps, I,ll try angling the lamps also.

Thank you

I don't know what kind of camera you have, but if it's a prosumer MiniDV kind of thing you can purchase a polarizing filter. It works kind of like polarized sunglasses to reduce glare. I've never used it for brickfilming, but I just shot a live action film using a car mount, and it took the glare off of the car's windshield nicely.

One cood thing to do is make sure the light never actually shines on yourself. Id no light is going at you, you should be reflected in the LEGO.

I try to avoid having any bricks that tend to reflect in a position perpendicular to the lens, if you keep them at an angle they probably won't reflect.

If i'm masking a shot,and i see a reflection on the plate,i just erase it in GIMP.Hope that helps!!!

Could someone take some picture of their lighting/studio and give some examples please? I'm still getting this problem.

Try using a polarizing filter for your camera.

-pacific

I saw this topic and was also going to mention a polarizing filter but I see I've been beaten to that multiple times.  If you want an example, I am pretty sure (?) Night Owl used a polarizing filter in 'The River.'  It cuts down on reflections quite a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

I saw this topic and was also going to mention a polarizing filter but I see I've been beaten to that multiple times.  If you want an example, I am pretty sure (?) Night Owl used a polarizing filter in 'The River.'  It cuts down on reflections quite a bit.

It seems my camera cannot be fitted with filter.(after a quick google search) Is it possible if someone could take a picture of their lighting setup please?