Topic: Lego Superman - Lex Luther Strikes Back

Directory Link

Lego Superman - Lex Luther Strikes Back

Link Name

Three mutants try and destroy the city, but whenever someone needs help, you'll find superman! as he try's and destroys these tree mutants, he has no idea of who's behind this plot
Enjoy!

Re: Lego Superman - Lex Luther Strikes Back

Good animation and well done super hero action. mini/smile
flying needs a bit of work, though.
I like the sound design and choice of music. The appearance of Spidey was pretty funny. xD The glass breaking and brick effects were quite nice.
As usual, I hate your camera for not doing the justice your films deserve. But that can't be helped.
I didn't like that you had some bad words. mini/sad
Besides that, it was pretty awesome.

VeryVeryVery good film! mini/bigsmile
It was cool when it was supposed to be, funny when it was supposed to be, and cheesy when it was supposed to be.  mini/sunnies Very entertaining and comical... I subbed! mini/smile

Your camera sucks buddy, but your animations are really great! The plot, the animation it's really entertaining! Keep on doing whacha doing and I hope some day you'll get a better camera. I too happen to have many problems with camera quality so I can honestly say my webcam sucks! mini/smile anyways, good luck in the future!

~Larry

I want to say something: I love you for making this. Animation is fantastic, you really improved a lot since I first saw you on the challenge thread. Animation was fantastic, and the story entertaining.

P.S.: ANP, I don't remember hearing any bad word.

Haha that was great.

I'll start with the negatives.

First of all, the camera quality wasn't great, but I know you might not be able to help that, because I've experienced that too. Heck, when I first joined this site, I was known for my terrible camera quality lol.

Secondly, the effects.. Some were brilliant (Masking was nicely done, camera pans and zooms were good) but others such as explosions and greenscreening could use some work, but they were still efficient enough to carry the story along.

Positives:

Some animation was PERFECT. Such as the signature Superman punch, I have never seen it so well executed in a stop motion. The other animation although not as perfect as the punch, was really good, and I didn't notice many flaws.

It was entertaining, and had some great moments like

Spoiler (click to read)

when the villain swings a lamp post at Superman, but Superman grabs it and sends the villain flying. And the super breath part. Spiderman made me laugh. mini/tongue

Overall, a very good film, keep it up, can't wait to see more from you. mini/bigsmile

8/10 for an entertaining short to kill a few minutes of boredom.

Last edited by Brickyman (June 28, 2011 (09:34am))

Very flashy indeed, I loved it to bits. The camera quality was admittedly iffy, however I think (Though it may sound weird) that it's unique to your films. The animation was excellent, there were a few nice action scenes, good camera movement, and pretty good pace.

8/10

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Wow guys, thank you so much, i'm really glad you all liked it, i know it had some flaws such as some green screening problems, like the shadows ( my camera doesn't help alot at that point either) i know the camera is crappy (as always) and i hope i'll be able to change that soon, but for now that's about it, again, thank you so much, i really appreciate that you all like my work mini/mrgreen

Great work, really liked it, the flying animation was good just need to work on the green screening aspect, what I try and do is not only have it well lit but after taking the pics i edit them in Photo shop to make them way greener...
Alfa Animations