Topic: frame averaging in animator dv simple+

I did a test with animator dv simple plus over the weekend and thought it went well with frame average ON. I exported the clip and then played it back leter only to find there was loads of flicker in the background which never happened when I used to use monkeyjam.
Note: The average level was set at 10
Question: Should I increase the average level? What do you people have it at to get a nice even picture with no light flicker?

I'm having a bit of trouble with animator dv as I don't know the right settings to modify and stuff. Also, it has the option to have a 16:9 preview in the window - can you export a video without having to squash the picture? I tried it a few ways without the result I wanted. I haven't used virtual dub yet so maybe I should. I want to get widescreen so I can play videos on youtube at full screen (not HD video)

Thanks for all your help!

Re: frame averaging in animator dv simple+

I dont know how to help you but i tryed to use animator dv simple to and i thought it was crap.Stick with monkey jam and you cant go wrong mini/smile

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1

Ogel productions wrote:

I dont know how to help you but i tryed to use animator dv simple to and i thought it was crap.Stick with monkey jam and you cant go wrong mini/smile

monkeyjam doesn't have onion skinning (yet) unless the new version has been released while I've had my back turned and also whenever you increase the quality of the picture the capture window grows massive on my computer which is really gay. I turned to animator dv because I really want to increase the quality of my films and because of the letterbox preview mode...

Monkeyjam has frame averaging btw

Or use Helium Frog - that appears to be very nice.

rsteenoven wrote:

Really? Has a new version finally been released?

I tried another test later on today with the average level at 50 which greatly improved the light flicker but it took ages to capture a frame...:(

blingblongstudios wrote:
rsteenoven wrote:

Really? Has a new version finally been released?

No,it was like that before

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1