Topic: Silent Film Composer Needed

I have recently created a Directors Cut of my Septemberfest Entry: 'Silence'. Before releasing it with new effects/editing, I think the silent film would be vastly improved with a haunting orchestral score - like in the German expressionist films it is based on ('Nosferatu', 'The Cabinet of Dr Calagari, and 'Metropolis')

And no, I'm not using Incomputech - because I would have to twist the music to fit the action, thus making it sound horrible. From my experience, having your own composer is the best option for matching music to actions.

So...um....is there anyone out there who is able to do such a score? There is no deadline, so you can take all the time you need.

If anyone is interested, please reply and I'll send over the new cut (the Youtube video is NOT the new cut)

Last edited by Max Butcher (May 29, 2011 (06:41am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Re: Silent Film Composer Needed

I could try... But I only have the ability to record piano and possibly cello.
And I have never composed music for film before, but I would like to try someday. (I actually have composed some music before but it was not for film.) mini/confused

Have you asked Mason? He's skilled with music composition.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

Yeah he's probably a better bet than I...
lawl

HI,

I am guessing that this is a no budget film which means I wouldn't be able to compose new music for you but I do have lots of music available for free use from http://www.cameronmusic.co.uk, I know you said you didn't want to use music like that from Incompetech but if there is anything you would like to use from my site I could I could trim and adjust it if required in return for undying gratitude, spamming my name about a bit and possibly a packet of hob nobs. Feel free to get in touch if I can help

Alastair