Topic: Alien Conquest(Cool or stupid?)

These new Alien Conquest legos, are they really tight or are they lame? What do you think?

Re: Alien Conquest(Cool or stupid?)

They're really lame.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2906/14493643070_db4eab9412_o.png

If you like Halo, you get a blue spartan mini/bigsmile Other than that it fails.

New sig coming soon...

Along with brickfilms...

You guys don't know what you're talking about. Alien Conquest is seriously legit.

Proof.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Fine, it's not a fail. The bigger sets aren't, anyway, I meant the cheaper ones.

New sig coming soon...

Along with brickfilms...

Well-designed sets, desirable minfigures, unique pieces. The price-to-piece ratio isn't great, but it's not terrible either; it's reflective of how sets tend to be priced these days. What's not to like?

Also, if you guys are going to post your opinions, at least try a sentence or two about why or why not the theme is "cool or stupid."

I would buy Alien Conquest if Lego wasn't so pricey now.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I think aliens abducted the CEO of Lego and made him make these sets.

bricksinmotion member of the year

Lego has done so many space like themes. I guess this could be cool in some ways, but noermally(from past experience) the small sets fall apart VERY easily and are wayyyyyyy overpriced!About the only things that I would benefit from these sets are some of the new pieces if there are any and the new minifigures.

http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/callout_hdvideo_091511.jpg    http://www.usa.canon.com/assets/app/images/callouts/cameras/cdlc_148_rt.jpg

I like the Alien conquest line. I like the green aliens (especially the alien creeper) and the new blue color & suits.

@RealBrick: Several of the sets are very well priced based on how high LEGO has gone with their prices recently. I will buy a couple of the sets that are well-priced.

VanderFlame Studios wrote:

Lego has done so many space like themes. I guess this could be cool in some ways, but noermally(from past experience) the small sets fall apart VERY easily and are wayyyyyyy overpriced!About the only things that I would benefit from these sets are some of the new pieces if there are any and the new minifigures.

Space is one of LEGO's evergreen themes, up there with Castle and City. Also, the two smallest sets have the best price-to-piece ratios of the whole bunch.

I think they look pretty nice. mini/smile I really want to get some, especially UFO Abduction. I like how it has a bit of purple in it. I love purple. mini/smile And space LEGO. Though, I don't like the design of the humans' stuff. It just doesn't look that great too me, rather blandly blue. But aliens are awesome.

My friend told me to get the tripod invader mini/blankexpression

If you're a Halo fan, or a sci-fi fan you should get them, though the sets themselves aren't good for animating. It's so overpriced!

New sig coming soon...

Along with brickfilms...

I really like them! I am a big fan of cheesy old UFO invasion films, and these are really cool! The only one I have is the "UFO Abduction," which I found was at a very reasonable price and it totally did not fall apart easily (we even played frisbee with it at a quiz bowl tournament) but I really like the War of the Worlds style walker thing, and the big UFO looks pretty cool. The minifigs are kinda stewpid, except for the guy with the picthfork who looks like he's from the painting American Gothic. And the Earth men spaceships look stupid. But all the UFOs are epicness. mini/eek

I like the main minifigs-- they're like Halo spartans, but hey, I'm a Halo fan.

New sig coming soon...

Along with brickfilms...

Insanely cool.

Why didn't they make this when I was 7?

Ah well, I'm still getting some for animating. mini/tongue

Earlier this year I wrote a weird story for school involving a Russian scientist who discovers aliens. I think Imma gonna adapt it to brickfilm now that these sets are out.

My god, how can someone think they are bad. The alien ships are some of the coolest I've ever seen: the design is so simple and yet effective (well, actually, UFOs look like those). Too bad they're still not selling them here in Italy. My favourite sets are the abduction one and the Jet copter, but I prefer the abduction one cause it's cheaper mini/XD.

They're pretty cool, but they could be better.

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young