Topic: The Ice Skater

Directory Link

The Ice Skater

YourTube

A little film I put together for the Animation Challenge - Ice skating.
Everything except the set building was done in a day.
Shot at 20FPS on istopmotion using a Canon MD205. Edited in Final Cut Express 3.5 HD.

Re: The Ice Skater

It was really good. The animation was impressivve in some parts, I even laughed. My only complaint would be the music, but I fixed it with the mute option and listening to something else. Anyway, lovely short, you'll do good in the challenge.

Whoa... that was pretty smooth. mini/smile I liked it a lot. Your smashing effects were quite, well, smashing! Haha.
Though, I didn't like the fact that some of your sticky substance was visible at some points. That really has been bothering me in brickfilms. And the face on the back of the guys head was visible at a point. Also, the transition from normal to scared seemed too quick. There are some faces which are partially scared which can work as a good transition for that type of thing, like an alternate face for this one Atlantis guy.
But I still thought it a pretty good film. mini/smile

That poor, poor snowman mini/no

I thought it was good.  Did you win?

Very good, nicely animated. In particular, I really liked the way you had him sway a bit when he first stood up on the ice.

If I had to nitpick, there were a couple of shots could have been trimmed down by a couple of seconds for the sake of comic timing, and the crash sound at the end was way too loud. But otherwise, a solid effort.

Hey thanks guys! I'm glad you all liked it. I thought nobody would say anything about it because its not really a big project. But I still like it as a little cartoony film.
I'm particularly happy with the feedback about the animation.

The animation was impressivve in some parts, I even laughed

That was pretty smooth

Very good, nicely animated

Being as it is an animation challenge the smoothness was my focus point. I'm glad you all like it, using 20fps certainly pays off, I'll be using it from now on. mini/wink

Anybody else got anything to say? mini/smile

Yes! I also enjoyed your little film very much. Great animation and an overall nice little short! mini/smile

-pacific