Topic: Desk Time Travel

Directory Link

Desk Time Travel

YouTube

Back in June 2009, I began work on a sci-fi brickfilm that revolved around a toy (A LEGO minifig) building a time machine that let him travel to the past, yet he was confined to a desk. This brickfilm was an entry to the BricksInMotion STAR competition. Unfortunately, although I did get the film sent in, I did not manage to complete sound design in time.

Now, almost two years and several production company name changes later. I present to you the updated version of a brickfilm that could have been much better.

Last edited by Timothy R (May 8, 2011 (10:14am))

Re: Desk Time Travel

Ahh, so this is the film you were talking about yesterday.
Anyway, loved it. I like the "classic" film feel to it, although at times I felt that the animation was a bit rushed.
Great job anyways. mini/smile

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I really liked that. I can't remember watching this the first time round, so this was entirely new for me. I must admit that some of the plot was lost on me, but I really liked your music choices, and the cartoony flairs were really charming. 4/5

It was clear that the had been cropped from 4:3 to 16:9, so there was some quality loss and some essential parts were lost off the top and/or bottom, which was a shame.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

When I started making this I really had a thing for The Magic Portal and just wanted to make something surreal, kinda.

As for the quality loss I admit I didn't own the original file so I just screencapped the original uploaded YouTube video and worked off that. mini/tongue

It's best not to take a look at the original. It's awfully boring. It just has one Incompetech track (A bad one at that), playing over the WHOLE thing.

I thought this was a very neat film though I never saw the original. 

It seemed a tad random at times but I thought it made it a bit more surreal. mini/smile

I would like to know what camera you use, its very interesting.  Its like, bad quality, but in a good way. mini/tongue

It's the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000. Also known as the webcam ALL the brickfilmers used back in 'the day'.

That was great, the music and sound effects really added to the atmosphere.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am