Topic: WILL IT WORk

HI! Im thinking about making a lego movie making site myself, but the question is will anybody join?or to put it in other ways, WILL YOU JOIN?:)  thanks!

Makerimages animations is back!

Re: WILL IT WORk

Not unless its on par with this one - or is a recreation of 'teh Lolums'. Both of these will be almost impossible to pull off.

YouTube
Max, She/They

so you wont join unless my site has a  partnership whit BiM?

No, it would just have to be really, really damn good. There have only been two sites like this that have worked: Brickfilms.com and Bricksinmotion.com.

a recreation of 'teh Lolums'.

Good times...

Last edited by Danimation (April 30, 2011 (01:27am))

ok, im gonna do a site.!:)

Funny to look back, but that was kinda how this site was born all those years ago mini/XD

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

What are you using to make it?

What's the point? Why should I join a subpar knockoff of this site when I'm already here?

Isn't that what people on BF said when this site was created?

Yes, I think almost all of us here have basically weighed anchor and tied up ship long ago, if you know what I mean.

Most of us wouldn't really want to join another site unless it has something to offer that BiM doesn't.

@topitmunkeydog
At that time, this site was more of a refugee camp and BF.com was falling apart at the seams.

Yeah, the only reason why people moved to this site from BF was because BF was dying. Unless you think the site is dying, then I dont see a reason why people would want another site. I see nothing wrong with this site at this present time...

YouTube
Max, She/They

*off topic*

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Isn't that what people on BF said when this site was created?

This site was created because BF.com had crashed and was burning profusely under the ruling of TaaB. People welcomed a new start.
*end off topic-ness*

This new site on the other hand, meh. We already have a good, clean community here, why make another. Unless Smeagol screws this site up, I wouldn't do it.

Well, What are you going to make it with? Don't get our hopes up and then come out with a Webs.com site like www(dot)thebrickfilmershut(dot)webs(dot)com or something like that. (Feel Free to use that name, lol) If you must, start from scratch. You might need some experience for it though. And buy a domain name so it actually LOOKS professional. I'd try it, but you will need members from here to make it more attractive. mini/smile

http://tinyurl.com/24rqc2p
http://tinyurl.com/2fo79mjhttp://tinyurl.com/29wkd5hhttp://tinyurl.com/2f9tw29
Sig by RealBrick. I now make sigs, avatars and YouTube backgrounds free of charge! Just PM me, titled one of the options.

We really don't need another brickfilmers website. It's kind of redundant to have more than one, which there already is.
We have:
-Bricksinmotion
-Brickfilms
-The Brickfilmer's Guild
-Cannedgravy's Brickfilmer School

It's not exactly something that anyone needs at the moment, but it's cool that you want to do something like that. If I were you I'd try to build up a reputation on this site, and if this site ever starts getting crappy you can lead us into a new utopia or something stupid like that.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Looking back, I feel like I was a little unnecessarily harsh in my last post. I'm glad you want to get involved, makerimages, and contribute to the community, but I don't think that making a website like the one you're mentioning is really the best way to do it. As JustKidden has said, our needs are really filled at the moment. Channel those efforts you were going to put into your site into learning how to make good films! mini/smile

Just Kidden wrote:

We really don't need another brickfilmers website. It's kind of redundant to have more than one, which there already is.
We have:
-Bricksinmotion
-Brickfilms
-The Brickfilmer's Guild
-Cannedgravy's Brickfilmer School

It's not exactly something that anyone needs at the moment, but it's cool that you want to do something like that. If I were you I'd try to build up a reputation on this site, and if this site ever starts getting crappy you can lead us into a new utopia or something stupid like that.

-JK

Don't forget BrickHelp.

bricksinmotion member of the year

J.TProductions wrote:

Well, What are you going to make it with? Don't get our hopes up and then come out with a Webs.com site like www(dot)thebrickfilmershut(dot)webs(dot)com or something like that. (Feel Free to use that name, lol) If you must, start from scratch. You might need some experience for it though. And buy a domain name so it actually LOOKS professional. I'd try it, but you will need members from here to make it more attractive. mini/smile

F***! I was about to do it in webs, infact i did it (lots of development needed) link

The question is why do you want to make a website?

buikes wrote:

The question is why do you want to make a website?

Answer: Because there are flaws that he doesn't like in BiM.  I did this too by making Brick Help.  I was being a bit of a rebel but after BiM was back to normal I didn't need it anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

I want to know what those flaws are!