Re: The Moustached Magician an entry to "SMOOVIE"

Onion, what program is that?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I'm guessing Adobe Premiere, though I'm not sure.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

The ending is strongly similar to my ''Leisure #1''... That's a tribute, or you copy me? mini/lol

Comparison with the two endings:

Leisure #1

The Moustached Magician

However, I liked your film. Good job mini/smile

Sound: 8
Story: 6
Cinematography: 6
Animation: 6
Effects: 7/10
Music: 7/10
- - - - - - - - -
Overall: 6/10

Last edited by Loïc F-B (May 2, 2011 (08:59am))

RealBrick I believe it's iMovie 11. That's what I use. It has a fantastic sound editor.

Last edited by Caidan (May 1, 2011 (02:00pm))

Used to be 'Caidence'

Yup, Caidence is right. I actually have Final Cut Express, but am just getting to grips with it, so for the moment it's iMovie '11. However I've pre-ordered the Adobe Creative Production Suite CS5.5, so I'll be using Adobe Premiere soon, and After Effects.

LGFB wrote:

The ending is strongly similar to my ''Leisure #1''... That's a tribute, or you copy me?

Heh, now that you mention it, there is a strong familiarity, though rest-assured it wasn't intentionally. Also, last time I watched that video, I don't at all remember that ending? I thought it ended on the super-speed, but maybe it's just me.

Sound: 6
- - - - - - - - -

Also, just interested to see why you only gave the sound a 6. I don't mean to sound either pompous or bigheaded, but what was wrong with it exactly? Is there anything it lacked...?

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Filmfire96 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the magician is from Onion's 'Mouse' film.
As I said earlier, I really like this, it was really fun.

You'll have to name all three of them. mini/wink
You guys will never guess how many clues I had to give Onion to see one of them. mini/tongue

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

The guy watching the bunny and who later gets turned into a duck is from your "First Day Back" video jstudios. mini/smile

Onion wrote:

Also, last time I watched that video, I don't at all remember that ending? I thought it ended on the super-speed, but maybe it's just me.

Maybe you were wrong, it ended with the explosion.

Don't worry. That doesn't matter for me if the The Moustached Magician's end is similar to mine mini/smile

Onion wrote:

Sound: 6
- - - - - - - - -

Also, just interested to see why you only gave the sound a 6. I don't mean to sound either pompous or bigheaded, but what was wrong with it exactly? Is there anything it lacked...?

Sorry, I was wrong mini/tongue I wanted to give a 8... I edited my post.

GREAT NEWS!

We won Smoovie! mini/bigsmile Just received an e-mail from the judges saying this:

"...We are delighted to tell you that OnionAnimations and Jstudios have won coveted first prize in our Smoovie Magical Stop Motion Competition!!!! The LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle and a copy of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 for the Mac will be winging their way to you soon!! We hope you have loads of fun with them and would love to see any more animations you might make with your LEGO in future : )

We all thought that the Moustached Magician was a fantastic production and liked the way that you worked together to produce the storyline, audio effects and animation. All were really well done and came together to produce a really funny magical animation which had us all laughing..."

And there was some other stuff, which would be either uninteresting to you guys or private. So there we are! Hurray!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Great guys. I think my film was all a bit too long winded, you made yours quick, snappy and funny. Well done. You really deserved it. mini/wink

Congrats guys!

You really deserved it! mini/smile

This was really quite good! Short and sweet, snappy humor, and fantastic sound!  Great job guys, and congrats on winning!  will you use Smoovie for your next project? Again, really fun stuff! (I especially like the running through the grass and bunny!)

Aww, thanks for all the positive comeback guys, we appreciate it. Onion is to thank for sound Garret, and I think there is a possibility that Onion may be using Smoovie for his next project, as he just got a Mac. Thanks for the compliments on the running through the grass and the bunny as well. mini/wink

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

You won! mini/bigsmile Yay!