Topic: Small Casting Call (The Giver) - CLOSED

UPDATE- Auditions are now closed, casting is now is session.]

I'm preparing to do an excerpt from the book "The Giver". I've taken chapter 15 and scripted it, and I need 2 small voice parts, each one is no more than 10 lines.

Here's a summary of what happens within this scene:
The next day The Giver is in terrible pain, and he asks Jonas to take the memory he is having. He gives Jonas a memory of a war, a battlefield and men injured and dying. In the memory, Jonas is a young man who gives another badly injured solider water and then stays with the other soldier as he dies. Jonas is himself injured, and the pain he feels is horrifying. Afterward, The Giver is repentant and asks Jonas to forgive him, although they both know that The Giver didn’t have the strength to carry the memory himself any longer].

GIVER- He's old and wise, but very tired, very much in pain from all the memories he posseses.]

Sample line- "Please, take some of the pain."]

CASTED: GrayStudios]
-----------------------------------
JONAS- A young teen, 14 or 15. Lots of freedom with this, as i'm not look for anything in particular]

Sample line-  (hesitant) "I could come back tomorrow, sir."]

CASTED: Jae-Min]
-----------------------------------
Lines can be posted here, PMed to me, or emailed at [email protected]]

Last edited by Tripod (November 21, 2009 (04:30pm))

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Re: Small Casting Call (The Giver) - CLOSED

please??.....

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

I shall try tomorrow as soon as I get the time mini/smile ...then again, I'm gonna be gone all day tomorrow. Maybe Friday mini/tongue .

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

i'm trying right now
mini/bigsmile

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

nevermind, my mic is broken. Dangit!!!:(

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I e-mailed you the testline for Jonas. mini/smile

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

I read that book, so I'll be happy to do a voice.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Cartoonkid- You have the sound i'm looking for, so I'm keeping you up as a potential choice if no one else steps up.

fib12345- Awaiting your audition line.

I'll audition. I'll send my line in about an hour or less. mini/smile
EDIT: Actually, I will have my line in on Sunday at the latest. Sorry. mini/sad

Last edited by Just Kidden (November 20, 2009 (05:53pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I am going to try out as well.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

You guys need to let me know what you go by on here, i'm having to label some of you by the names out of these emails...

Scypax Pictures- Sorry man, you don't quite have what i'm looking for in either of the voices.

Gray Studios- Your Giver is acceptable, your Jonas, however, I love, i'll be keeping both under consideration

Jae-Min- I like it, kind of on the noisy side, but not bad, I'll put you in consideration as well

Brenden- Your Giver is hard to make out, I really like your Jonas as well.

I think I'm going to say GrayStudios has been cast as Giver], after a second thought, I think your Giver will work quite nicely.

there are a few Jonas' I like, so I'm going to re-listen to all the auditions, I should have a decision shortly.

As of now, auditions are closed, casting is underway for the final role.]

Jae-Min has been cast as Jonas.]

thank you all who tried out!

-Tripod /|\