Topic: Making Cartoons

Okay for a couple of months now I have been interested in making Flash animations or just cartoons
Much like eddsworld and Dominic Fear
I found Pencil which is like Flash I guess but I am not very good figuring out software unless someone explains it just right
So
My questions are
-How Do I animate with, like Do I have to redraw my picture using onion skining for each frame or what.
-What are some good tablets for a beginner cartoonist
-I guess I really just need to know everything about it and the software
-Also how do i make cartoons the traditional way with paper?

Please Help
I won't let this thread die
-Mutuceba

Re: Making Cartoons

I'm in the same boat, and here's what I've come up with. The most important thing you'll need is something to draw on. I figured that over time, a tablet would be cheaper than thousands and thousands of sheets of paper, plus any scanner you'll use to scan them into the computer; so I started looking at some models. My favorite at the moment is the Bamboo Fun; it works with any computer (Mac or PC), it's got a decent sized drawing area, and also doubles as a tracpad. However, it's just about two hundred dollars; or you can get the Bamboo (not Fun), which is smaller but does pretty much the same stuff, for one hundred dollars.

That's pretty much all I can tell you. Get a tablet, start using it with some software you have lying around, get a feel for it, etc.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I know all the tablet stuff
I am wondering how the animation works
Like do I have to redraw my character for every fame because I have been doing that and it looks awful

Yeah you have to redraw every single frame. Thats how it works. I'm doing it on my course at the moment and the easiest way to do it if you're hand drawing is to use a lightbox so you can see through the paper and keep clicking it back and forward to check the animation.

Its time consuming but worth it.

Sooooooo the same way on the computer?

yea id say so unless u use adobe flash or anime studio, i strongly recommend anime studio, 50$ for mac and u put "bones" (pivot points) in a computer drawn charector and u can move his limps and animate faster and easier. u can also save the file of the charector and open him up when u need him again in another vid.

search it for more info

I have awesome sauce in my veins! Which i sprinkle on each of my videos to give it an extra dose of aweomseness!

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

BTW they have pre made mouth animations so u record lines and it AUTOMATICALLY lip syncs

go online and download the free month long trial although it takes some getting used to its not as easy as u think

I have awesome sauce in my veins! Which i sprinkle on each of my videos to give it an extra dose of aweomseness!

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

Instead of redrawing it, just copy and paste a blank, expressionless version of your character into every new frame you make, and then just edit it!

NFfilmz, your new so it's alright, but double-posts are often frowned upon here at BiM.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png