Re: AniExer-size Animation Contest II - Halloween Edition [CLOSED]

Phew that was close with only 1 minute to spare.
Ghost Train - Alternative Ending

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

RRRRRRRGGGHHH!! I spent all day yesterday trying to make something for the contest. I wasted half the day waiting for the bricks that I ordered that would make up most of the set, then they didn't arrive, and I spent the next 3 quarters panicking for a new, shorter storyline in my head and film with much fewer bricks. It wasn't nearly as good as I planned, being way too short and bad audio, and then I was 40 minutes too late. I swore like I've never sworn before, as you can imagine.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

I really like the alternate ending Bodville!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Sméagol wrote:

Of the handful of entries I've watched so far, some are very nicely made from a technical or creative standpoint but I'm disappointed that people have mostly, in my mind, failed to make something frightening.  The contest guidelines said to make a frightening, scary atmosphere, and instead we're getting jokes and humorous short films about Halloween, it looks to me like most people are not even trying to make their films genuinely scary.

Just an observation, there have been a few exceptions.  mini/wink

I agree with you Sméagol.

Fright is hard to show in a bright,colourful, childrens toy, Smeagol, cut them a break.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

JaM, Smeagol is right. There have been brickfilms that have place the feel of fright in many viewers. It is no excuse to say that it is the fault of the LEGO itself.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

Fright is hard to show in a bright,colourful, childrens toy

I agree, although I think a few people have had some success (Frankenstein by Nosniborus, Good Company by Hali).  It's a challenge but that's sort of the idea of the contest - to challenge people and make them try things they haven't done before.  The theme wasn't picked because it was easy, it was picked because it was hard.

I'd also agree that horror and humor aren't totally incompatible, a film can be scary and still have some jokes in it.  I don't generally go for dead serious brickfilms myself, I just wish people had tried to make their entries scary as the guidelines said to.  And there were some that did, certainly, just not a majority.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Crap, why'd I have to miss this? D:
I'll try to get in the next one.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon