Re: BiM official contest of 2009 anyone?

Splash Studios wrote:

I don't want to boast but a lot of people seem to like strength and weakness, If I could get prizes and was allowed to send them over the internet I could arrange it. Unless someone else would like to.

Schlaeps should probably arrange the official BiM contest. If that were the official BiM contest.

NXTManiac wrote:

Smèagol, would you be interested in organizing this year's contest? I think you did last time but I may be mistaken. I wasn't really apart of the community at the time.

NXTManiac

For FAR? 3 people did mini/tongue
First Saulgoode did for a few months, then he resigned as MoFC so I did for a few months, then I resigned as MoFC so Smeagol took care of it.

Last edited by Steve (January 9, 2009 (11:29am))

fib12345 wrote:

What about an army of robots invading earth and we fight back?

That would be Technology VS Humanity.

I agree with Sméagol. I don't think we should do an acronym based contest this year. I want something different, and besides, the acronyms were Brickfilms.com contests. This is a new site, so we should have a different kind of contest. However, I don't think it should be a year long contest. With a deadline that far away, people will be under the impression that they have a lot of time to make a film, which is true, but if they procrastinate, by the time they actually start making a film, they might not have enough time to make a great film.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

If you can think of a non-acronym contest, I will add it to the first post.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Gospelnut wrote:

A multiple genre/best overall Filmer contest. There are several genres (Action, Comedy, mystery, horror, etc.)with prizes going to the top three in each genre, you would make an entry in each genre, so there would be a grand prize to whoever has the best work overall.   

I ran this idea past blue_ghost awhile back, and he thought it was a good idea.

Like this?

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^actually I like that idea. We could have it held at different times for each theme. Then people could enter more than once.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

I'm in favor of a contest with a deadline around the end of the year, though I may be somewhat biased. If I weren't already working on something that may take me that long, I'd probably prefer a shorter contest. Nonetheless, I think we should do something different from past contests.

I'd like something different, but I want it to sound nice.
"The Story Contest" isn't as catchy as "Stories and Plots" but if we can find a way to make a good name, I'm fine with it. Either way, I'll try to enter. mini/bigsmile

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg