Re: How Do You Animate Your Minifigs?

Splodge wrote:

i lose track of where they were alot.

There is a way to get pased that problem, just place a smal lego marker such as a 1x1 plate next to your minifig before you pick it up, and once your done you'll know were it was in the last frame mini/smile

-Jon64

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4876920171_59c4d4ac70.jpg
More videos on my Youtube Channel or on my (now updated) Webstite

thanks!

(did that sound as cheesey to me as it did to you?)

Last edited by Splodge (August 4, 2009 (08:40am))

I do a mixture of both. When walking, I pick up the minifigure. When moving the arm, I don't. When I turn the head, I do both.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

It's easiest to keep them them there like NOS said you can lose where they are standing. But it sometimes it can be easier to pick them up if they are hard to move.

Used to be 'Caidence'

mostly pick up, if the arms and legs are regular, but if the figure has unnaturally easy to bend limbs, i just keep it there. mini/smile

I pick them up. I keep a vague mental note or I put something where they came from so I can put them back in the same spot. I always use onionskinning to make sure the fig is in the right place though.

I always keep them on the baseplate when I have small subtle movements.  Otherwise, the minifig could get jerked around between frames.  The only time I lift them up is when they have very large movements because if they get knocked, you won't notice anyway since the movements are so large.  Even for walking I keep them mostly on the baseplate.

Instead, I use little tools to help me.  For instance, I have a mini screwdriver that fits loosely into the hands to rotate them without disturbing the position of the minifig.  Also, I sometimes pry the arms up or down with the screwdriver if its in a really tight area.

Current Project: The Legend of Zark
Script_100%]__Animation_6%]
Voices_65%]__Editing____5%]
February 2010] Follow on twitter!

I pick them up. When I don't, I tend to bump things.

I do both, it depends on how cooperative the minifig is being mini/tongue .

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube