Re: THAC 6 Starts NOW! [CLOSED]

StevieCollins wrote:

The Replacement -- George Heidbreder

can you change that to MMproductions please?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

I am dissapointed at myself at what I did.I am starting to dislike what I make.I love the hobby but this recent THAC has made me wonder:
Should I continue?I have one project at the back of my head,and if that doesn't work...I don't know.

If you love to make brickfilms, then there's no doubt. Continue!

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Hey Stevie, I sent you a PM a few days ago about judging. Did you get it?

I recommend we lock this thread; THAC VI ended some 84 hours ago.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

maggosh wrote:

I recommend we lock this thread; THAC VI ended some 84 hours ago.

good idea and anyway it seems like people dont bother writing in here anymore.

I would like to recieve an answer from Stevie about judging. Is he away on vacation?

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Guys, Of course I'm not on vacation. School's started again and in a few months I have big exams so I'm getting some study done for them already (I want to do a lot better than last year) so I'm not going on the computer Monday to Thursday. But the there'll be an odd day, probably Wednesday, of me going on for a few minutes.

So just because I haven't been on since Tuesday doesn't mean I'm gone mini/smile

NXT, I'm not going to answer an judge requests yet. I didn't officially announce that I'm asking for judge requests, I will most likely ask people personally and maybe tell you all if I need more and would like to apply.

Thanks

Last edited by Steve (January 9, 2009 (10:20am))

Double Post...

By the way... I don't think there's any point in locking threads of contests that are completed.

I therefore declare this post the last one in this thread......for now.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

I didn't officially announce that I'm asking for judge requests, I will most likely ask people personally and maybe tell you all if I need more and would like to apply.

If anyone would like to try out for a judge please PM me.

You sure? mini/wink

Max Butcher wrote:

I therefore declare this post the last one in this thread......for now.

-MRB

WRONG!

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Badger wrote:

I didn't officially announce that I'm asking for judge requests, I will most likely ask people personally and maybe tell you all if I need more and would like to apply.

If anyone would like to try out for a judge please PM me.

You sure? mini/wink

That was only if they were interested and they could tell me. I'd let you all know when I actually want to get proper messages with the qualifications I need (if any).

If only I had known the prizes were brickarms!
I may have entered! mini/sad

How can I change the color of the words in the forum?
It's all bright green and I can't read it!]

PM me if you know!

Two questions:

Can you give us an estimate of when the judging will be compelete?

Don't you think it is kind of unfair to have two judges each judge half of the films?
One judge might base their judgement more on animation, while the other might base their judgement more on plot. I think you should have either one judge for all of the films or allow the film-makers to pick their favorite one that someone else made.

---
A quote from myself:
"Not everything is possible. It is impossible to prove that everything is impossible, because even if you did, you would have proved that it is possible to prove that everything is impossible, which is impossible, and it is impossible to prove that everything is possible because it is impossible to prove that everything is impossible."

Castle Films wrote:

Two questions:

Can you give us an estimate of when the judging will be compelete?

Don't you think it is kind of unfair to have two judges each judge half of the films?
One judge might base their judgement more on animation, while the other might base their judgement more on plot. I think you should have either one judge for all of the films or allow the film-makers to pick their favorite one that someone else made.

I agree with you at first but the part about filmers vote for their favourite doesn't work as it ends up that people only voted for the big names  without watching the films from newer members.

_2014

I agree with Castle Films about one person who should judge them all, but that's asking alot of someone's spare time judging 60 odd films.

-Brain Wave

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

I believe last time there was 3 judges and each of them watched all 40 entrys and they all congregated to come to a Top 10 which ended up a Top 11.

_2014

randomparrot wrote:

I believe last time there was 3 judges and each of them watched all 40 entrys and they all congregated to come to a Top 10 which ended up a Top 11.

Yes but there's 60 entry's now. And that's half as more(As half 40 is 20 and now there is 60 so your adding on 20 more) added to this times entrants. So it'll be harder to get 1 person to sit through all those films.

-Brain Wave

Last edited by Brain Wave (January 11, 2009 (02:23am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

68 actually mini/wink

StevieCollins wrote:

68 actually mini/wink

Aren't there 69 now?

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird