Topic: MonkeyJam and software questions

I just got MJ, and it's pretty cool so far. I have yet to learn all its features, but it's only a matter of time. The only thing is that whenever I watch my animation on MJ, it looks kinda like it's at 12 fps, though I filmed at 15 fps. It plays normal when I export it, though. Is this something normal? Also, I would appreciate it if someone told me all its features. Ok, next, what is a good video editing software that I can use to add sound, titles, credits, and other video effects. WMM is what I use right now, and it's Ok, but I want something more professional and with more features. I would like it to be free or cheap. What do y'all recommend?

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Re: MonkeyJam and software questions

This should be moved to the software and hardware section. But I recommend having a look at the free software list on bricksinmotion.com (I'm on it right now!!!!!) because they have about every free software program on there.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Arrrgh, I think I've said this 4 times already to that type of reply. I don't know what software does what and which one's the best! thanks for the reply, though.

I've decided that I'm going to become immune to several select, non-lethal poisons, then put them in my snacks to discourage sneaky snack snatchers. -Littlebrick

deviantART | YouTube

Quigibo's MonkeyJam Tips and Tricks:

• Always have frame blending turned on.  Click that picture of the square in the upper left and it should turn into a bunch of little squares on top of each other.  This drastically reduces graininess and improves quality.

• While animating, click the frame scroll bar on the bottom.  You can use the wheel on the mouse to go back and forth between the last frames and the new one to see how the animation looks.  You can also use this to preview-as-you-go

• If the above method isn't working, you have to exit the capture window and open it again.  This is a bug in the program.  If this is persistent, then capture a junk frame BEFORE you start the animation and then close and reopen the window so that it doesn't interfere with your animating.

• The preview usually IS slower than the actual frame rate.  Rendering it will fix this problem

• If you're using a codec for rendering, then after you click render, you must wait until it finishes compressing before you exit the window.  Otherwise, it could cut off the last few seconds of animation

Hope this is helpful mini/smile
MonkeyJam is my favorite out of even the professional animation software, even if it is a little buggy.

As for the other software, you'll have to do your own research on that.  There aren't many good free ones in my opinion so you may also want to consider investing in some real editing software if you're planning on making more films in the future.

Current Project: The Legend of Zark
Script_100%]__Animation_6%]
Voices_65%]__Editing____5%]
February 2010] Follow on twitter!

Here's a link to a free stopmotion program that I will try out very soon for my PC.
http://www.stopmotionmagic.com/helium/
From what VN has told me and from what I have just read about it, it seems like a good program. If you had a mac, I would urge you to get iStopmotion, I wish they had that program for every computer.

Thanks for the tips quigibo, that definitely helps.

As for the other software, you'll have to do your own research on that.  There aren't many good free ones in my opinion so you may also want to consider investing in some real editing software if you're planning on making more films in the future.

I've done research, but I still don't know which one to use. That's why I'm asking you senior brickfilmers.

deviantART | YouTube