Topic: The Lego Pirates 2010 Petition

RECENTLY, I was on Eurobricks when I got a startling notice that the Lego PIRATES theme is ending Mid-Next Year.
Now as a big Pirate Fan myself, I will not let it end so quickly.
     Therefore I am creating this petitition to continue the Pirates Theme until December 2010. I want there to be new sets released
throughout next year. I want everybody to sign to continue one of the BEST HISTORIC THEMES Lego has EVER Created.
So every signature counts, please post to sign. This is important us Brickfilmers, and Lego Fans in General will not let this theme
fall too easily. So please sign!

Kinzcove

Re: The Lego Pirates 2010 Petition

Jacob Jumper

Using a forum thread as a petition is not a great idea. There are loads of websites that let you create your own free petition.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I hate to be a party pooper, but it's too late. LEGO will have already decided most of the sets they'll be selling next year.
Although I did like the new pirates theme, I was hoping it would last longer. My worst fear is that, as a result of LEGO's partnership with Disney and the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean 4, PoTC sets will be made. This will suck because
a) Then the Pirates theme will be yet another fleshie theme
b) The sets will cost more because of license fees
c) PoTC is a dying franchise which is better off dead, IMHO. The first movie was enjoyable but the second and third were too long and hardly made sense.

Whittleberry wrote:

PoTC is a dying franchise which is better off dead, IMHO. The first movie was enjoyable but the second and third were too long and hardly made sense.

Pfft. Please. Logic is, leik, so last year.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Ben Ellermann, but he has begun a similar effort here. He's well-known in the LEGO community and is an Ambassador (I understand Smeagol is as well, but this is more Ellermann's area). Perhaps efforts would be best combined?
- Aaron

You should be petitioning for new Ninja and Wild West sets.

Shame, the new Pirate line had lots of potential.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

More info

The main point to notice on this article is this:

Steve Witt from the LEGO group wrote:

Pirates isn’t gone, its on hiatus like every other line that isn’t one of our primary themes:

CASTLE, SPACE, and CITY

Pirates isn’t going away, it’s just not going to be a constant theme. It’s going to phase in and out just like every other theme that isn’t one of those three… I just wanted to reassure you guys that pirates isn’t disappearing. Just taking a break.

maggosh wrote:
Whittleberry wrote:

PoTC is a dying franchise which is better off dead, IMHO. The first movie was enjoyable but the second and third were too long and hardly made sense.

Pfft. Please. Logic is, leik, so last year.

Yes, I thought it was logical too, but if Disney is making PoTC4 it means there are still many idiots out there willing to spend money on this now dreadful theme.

If LEGO be makin' a Pirates o' t' carribean 4, I'll b' sellin' me leg, yo ho!

Meh... I thought the pirate line was just... Meh.

And ye be sayin' that wit' one o' them pirate avatars... Ye be a landlubber at heart, matey.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

To be honest, I never really cared for the Pirates sets. Also, starting a petition on a forum? mini/confused

Persist.

No, no... me be sayin' that this here 2009 line was meh.... Me be meanin' that the classic seadog line was a much better booty then this here 2009 fish wallop.

Arrrr, that be true, but we stil be want'n some pirate sets, weth'r it be booty or fish wallop.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.