Topic: Your BRAWLumentaries

So, if you entered BRAWL, how was it? What did you do? How did you survive it? What made you stay up so late? Please post your experiences here, we are curious, and so am I. mini/smile

-LMP

Last edited by LMP (August 30, 2009 (12:01pm))

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DaLegoMaster/Other/brook_signature.png

Re: Your BRAWLumentaries

First day: Wait for voice actors. All day.
Second day: Wait for voice actors. Got voice actors. Started animating.
Third day: Animating.
Fourth day: got different voice actor. Animating.
Fifth Day: More animating, got score from jimjambo.
Sixth Day: Animation, editing. Mostly editing.
Seventh Day: Waiting for my BRAWL film to be accepted.
TA DAAA.
BRAWL was definitely my End Of Summer Blowout. (As my dad puts it.)

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

First Day: Reading the rules and theme. Recovering from the 'Pukkelpop' festival. I was really tired. I stayed awake for 24h there!
Second Day: Getting ideas, start scripting.
Third Day: Finish script, Get voices, Start Animating, staying awake till 3AM to animate
Fourth Day: Animate from 12:00PM to 3:30AM
Fifth Day: Animate from 13:00PM to 2AM
Sixth Day: Adding Effects, Editing, Redo some shots
Seventh Day: Getting up early 7AM to animate an extra scene, finish editing, compress, upload and submit
(Eighth Day: Recover and Sleep!!!)

But I liked it mini/smile, I'll be sure to enter next time! It was an awesome experience.

I was going to make a video BRAWLumentary, but turned out I didn't even have time to do one.
Anyway, I'll just say a bit here.
I filmed on and off for three days. And the editing took about two days, finding the right sounds for the movie was a horror, I was editing up to the very last minute, cramming as much stuff as I could, but it all came together in the end.

Had to cancel my entry. mini/sad
Not enough inspiration.

All 5 of my BRAWLumentarie videos

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Day one: be badass awesome kid that I am*

*continue through the week

-Jimmybob

Move over Rover, let Jimi take over.
[email protected]

Day 1: Read contest, suddenly realise "OK I'll do it", do one scene which involves changing a man's mini/madhead into a mini/smile
Day 2: Tried animating some stairs scenes and city scenes, but they went crazy with light flicker so I didn't bother
Day 3: I made some little sections, like the getting stuck in the lift and the glove spinning round
Day 4: I did the pirate ship, the dentist and any other little bits.
Day 5: I rushed editing in the morning, animated tap dancing, cut out sections of the song I didn't have time to do (It was 3AM)
Day 6: Early morning, quick edit, upload, go away for a few days
mini/bigsmile That was it

PunBB bbcode test

Day 1: Yes! Idea! Builds the first set. This feels like THAC all over again. ^_^ Animates first shot, which comes out beautifully.
Day 2: Builds second set. Cool, lighting is a bit difficult, but not bad. Animates second shot. Not as great as first, but it will look fine when the movie is complete.
Day 3: Can't animate.
Day 4: Can't animate.
Day 5: Can't animate.
Day 6: Can't animate.
Day 7: Can't animate.
Day 8: RAR RAR RAR

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Day 1: Woah! It started! Script, set build, awesomeness!
Day 2: Doing fine. Wait, animation choppy. Have to start over.
Day 3: Animating and set building...I'm still doing ok though.
Day 4: School. Can't animate, I'm failing.
Day 5: Still trying, but still failing.
Day 6: Dead
Day 7: mini/sad

I liked having a whole week to make the film, since for all the other Abduction films I had just 24 hours. It made the process completely stress free. The first three days were the busiest, while I was filming, but the next four were spent editing on and off. If I'd worked harder, I probably could have done something at least a minute longer. Still, if this had been any other Abduction film it would have ended after the inventor finishes telling his story, so it was nice making one that had a better ending. With the other ones I always felt the ending was kind of a bad place to stop, however here it finishes very dramatically, like a TV show episode might. It was also great having the time to score the film. Since I was trying this out for the first time I had to learn a lot in the process, though I was still surprised at how quickly it went. I'm looking forward to entering future BRAWL contests, of course I'll still continue the Abduction series if I enter THAC too.

Day 1: EPIC idea. First and only set is built.
Day 2: Asking my friends if they can voice act for me.
Day 3: Being lazy
Day 4: Even more lazy.
Day 5: 3 seconds of animation done.
Day 6: Giving up.
Day 7: Nothing.

Strange how so many of these are at first, people are like "Yes! I have the perfect idea!", and then they gradually lose motivation. I couldn't even enter though, becuase I was WAY too busy.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Day 1:Script written, 1st set built. Sent out casting call.
Day 2:Animation started, begging for voice actors.
Day 3:Animation
Day 4:Animation
Day 5:Animation
Day 6:Animation, editing
Day 7:Animation, final editing, compressing

I actually have my B.R.A.W.Lumentary filmed. It's on my computer, ready to be editing ( there's over 20 minutes of footage mini/confused )
I'll release it when the results are out.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

Daragh wrote:

I actually have my B.R.A.W.Lumentary filmed. It's on my computer, ready to be editing ( there's over 20 minutes of footage mini/confused )
I'll release it when the results are out.

Cool, looking forward to it!