Topic: iStopmotion, a mac, final cut express 4..... but no camera

im a new brickfilmer and im ready to animate, i have

-legos
-a mac
-final cut
-iStopmotion

but i need a camera... i have heard getting a logitech quickam 4000 works for both mac and PC but the qaulity is kinda bad and i have a 270$ budget to get a good camera so why not? i have a firewire cable and all but not a good qaulity camera in my budget that is mac compatable... this is my first day on bricks in motion so im sorry if i make this complicated... (BTW i need it to be manual focus mini/confused  no duh)

I have awesome sauce in my veins! Which i sprinkle on each of my videos to give it an extra dose of aweomseness!

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

Re: iStopmotion, a mac, final cut express 4..... but no camera

Go for something in the Canon Powershot series.

Welcome to BiM, happy hunting!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

well when ever i seem to use a canon power shot i have to see a black screen, wait for the lens to open up take a pic and go down and then it takes like 20 sec to capture 1 frame and it has no live video video feed...

I have awesome sauce in my veins! Which i sprinkle on each of my videos to give it an extra dose of aweomseness!

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

If you really don't find anything you could use a digital camera and import pictures.. I used to work like that, now I have the 9k and windows:)

but im bad at that i need a live video feed for istopmotion

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

how much are you willing to spend??

270$ at the most and under

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

well only way to get live feed is with a video camera like a canon HV30 but the cheapest price tag i've seen on that is 400$

If you want a webcam, get the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000. It's $100.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

JK wrote:

No, don't. It doesn't work with Macs, and the closest equivalent has no manual controls, making it killer [bad] for brickfilming.

mcoov wrote:
JK wrote:

No, don't. It doesn't work with Macs, and the closest equivalent has no manual controls, making it killer [bad] for brickfilming.

Oops, I forgot he had a MAC. [insert blushing smiley here]

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

If you run bootcamp, it might work. (Although I don't know this.)

mcoov wrote:
JK wrote:

Then he should get the Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 (echo). THAT should waork ona Mac. And off Ebay you can get for like 30$!

Yes, the 4000 works with Macs, and it can achieve almost 9000 quality.

The 4000 was the top brickfilming webcam before the 9000 came along.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

so i know that 9000 is NOT for mac and i want that but for mac im thincking of agetting the 4000 because then i can save money and then i can get better and when i have more subs i can buy a better camera

but i told my parents that ill spend 2 more days looking for a mac compatible camera and then im gonna get a 4000

Last edited by NFfilmz (August 14, 2009 (08:24am))

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

NFfilmz wrote:

so i know that 9000 is for mac

No it isn't.

_2014

forget it people i ordered a quickam 4000 online right now and ill use that, i mean if i start my brickfilms with an amazing camera then i might not do it anymore if i get no subs so ill save my monney with a cheap one and if people like my brickfilms ill buy a new camera

thx fur the hell/p

www.youtube.com/NFfilmz

mcoov wrote:

Yes, the 4000 works with Macs, and it can achieve almost 9000 quality.

NO WAY!!! The 9000 does 1280x720 (HD), and goes up to 1600x1200. The 4000 only goes up to 640x480 (VGA)

Youtube Twitter AIM

The Quickcam Vision Pro is pretty good. It is the mac alternative to the pro 9000. And don't forget people, you can plug the quickcam pro 9000 into a mac without installing the software. I've heard people say it works just fine. The only downside is that if you want manual controls, you need the software, which only runs on windows. The 4000 is probably a good choice for you for starters.

Youtube Twitter AIM