Topic: NOOB brickfilmers are finalists in $5k competition

Greetings all!

Longtime lurkers, newly registered.  We and our 2 kids (age 12 and 14) have been watching your films, reading your posts and learning like crazy.  Just want to tell everyone that the advice and suggestions you've given each other will keep helping us noobs forever.  THANK YOU!

We've made a few primitive shorts but haven't felt ready to share - until now.  A 30 second short we made for a College Scholarship competition is a Finalist!  We invite you to check it out at

http://tuition-tales.com/video-contest- … 88CF06881E

If you feel so inclined, we welcome your vote for our film (a small "vote" icon at the bottom of the player).  We are the ONLY brickfilm in the finals!  The contest runs until Aug 25th 2009, and the film with the most votes wins $5000 for college.  It's very basic but we hope you will enjoy it.  mini/wink

The brickmaniacs 4

Re: NOOB brickfilmers are finalists in $5k competition

You are being too hard on yourselfs that wasn't basic at all mini/smile It was very good in fact. For a first brickfilm it was very good. It was a slightly choppy frame rate however the animation itself was good and funny. I think you should submit this to the directory. It's clear that the reading you did before filming helped. I would like to see more films from you.

P.S. I voted for you

P.P.S. How did you do that water effect? Was it cling film/plastic wrap?

Hey, don't call yourselves noobs, it makes me feel bad, because your are 10,000 times better at it than me. mini/sad
Really good, keep it up, and welcome to Bricksinmotion.com

Voted. Good luck guys!

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Wow.  Thanks everyone.

to VN and RP Hoogle:  thank you for the votes.  They let people vote once every 24 hours until Aug 25 or 26.

RP Hoogle:  yes is was plastic cling wrap.  not our original idea... we saw it on someone else's lego/brick film.

We dubbed ourselves noob due to (among other things)  the errors in character movement, conflicting shadows, and lighting changes from one shot to the next.  At least we were able to delete the shots with one or more hands in the way!  ahahahahahaha

Thanks again to all.  We're so happy to be in this.

That was pretty good for a first timer. I voted.

Don't call yourself a Noob, mini/tongue if that's your first brickfilm you deserve to be a finalist.

That is not n00by. That's pretty great for a first film if you ask me. I'm going to vote for you.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Noob? Not really. This is a pretty great brickfilm altogether, especially considering the fact you guys are pretty new at this. I voted for this not just because it was a brickfilm, but because it was a brickfilm worthy of winning. mini/smile

You're not a noob at all if you've put a lot of effort into your work, and you certainly put a lot of effort into it, well done.

Voted and welcome to Bricksinmotion.

The brickfilm was very well done for a first! I voted, I hope you win!

That was brilliant, I loved every moment of it.

_2014

Hey, congrats! Hope you win. mini/smile

- Leo

Really good, I didn't come close to that good for my first film. I will vote mini/smile

PunBB bbcode test

I loved that. Voted.

I voted

Very good. Next time, don't show the end of the board, and put the frame rate up to 15. Other then that, good first video! mini/delirium

Avatar, ah? I didn't know we sighed up to control half human half alien bodys? (If you get the joke you WIN. If you don't then you FAIL.

My Youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/ehannon1234

When I saw the video, I voted. In a heartbeat.

-Don

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Thank you to all for viewing, voting and comments!  We will sure keep you posted as to results.

We do need practice on getting the movements of characters more smooth!  and changes in our lighting just jump out and grab me around the throat  >aawwcchchkk  choke choke<  whew.

Anyway we'll keep everyone here posted on the vote results.  (The contest website was showing the actual vote tally until about a week ago.  Two of the other videos had a huge lead, then the website blocked out the votes and only showed total views.)