Topic: Yeah ! Off to Legoland Windsor :)

My boys are old enough to enjoy Legoland now, and I can use them as an excuse to be a big kid and have fun too. So we are all off to Windsor to enjoy the park. As my birthday is coming up, I might twist my wifes arm into letting me buy some bricks from the store there as my present.

If anyone has been there and has some good advice re the best things to do etc, please let me know.

Last edited by Si665 (August 14, 2009 (08:48am))

Re: Yeah ! Off to Legoland Windsor :)

Awesome.

Lucky. I bet the other Lego Lands are better than the one we have here in Cali. >:[

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Si665 wrote:

My boys are old enough to enjoy Legoland now, and I can use them as an excuse to be a big kid and have fun too. So we are all off to Windsor to enjoy the park. As my birthday is coming up, I might twist my wifes arm into letting me buy some bricks from the store there as my present.

If anyone has been there and has some good advice re the best things to do etc, please let me know.

Chances are your kids will want to go on the rides and not look at the cool models at the beginning. Let your wife take them around while you can get a good look at them. if they still have it the football stadium is quite cool with lots of minfigs.

_2014

I've always wanted to go to LEGO land and steal some of their models. It's too bad stealing is against the law. mini/wink
Yeah, but then people would come and steal MY stuff. mini/sad

Just Kidden wrote:

I've always wanted to go to LEGO land and steal some of their models. It's too bad stealing is against the law. mini/wink
Yeah, but then people would come and steal MY stuff. mini/sad

Laws don't stop people.

_2014

I know. mini/tongue

I haven't been to LEGOland, but I've been to the LEGO center in Walt DisneyWorld...
When you go inside the store, be sure to get loads of flower stem parts in a Pick-A-Brick cup. Those can be useful for grass. mini/wink

Have fun!

I've been to LegoLand CA, its pretty sweet. Enjoy it Si665!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I am thinking mostly 1x4 and upwards, to help build building facades for street scenes. I have windows (and flower stems mini/wink ) just need some decent coloured bricks for buildings.

Some of those subtle colours like Sand Green or Merk Blue etc.

Go on viking splash, defo. Awesome...

I've been there a few times. The Model land really is great. You'll want to sample the rides too mini/tongue But models are everywhere, not just in the Model land. There are huge sculptures all around, it really is great mini/bigsmile
Hope you have a good time

PunBB bbcode test

The only time we there gonna go it was closed  >:(

Not impressed with the shop, apparently they used to sell the Lego by the bucket, now it is £4 per 100g - in a pick and mix style sale.

Well expensive and a rip off. Not a happy bunny.

But the park is very good. Took some good photos, will put them on Brickshelf for you lot to see soon.

:£ Lego's all a rip-off, unfortunately.

Did you enjoy it altogether, though?

I've been to legoland. But nobody cares right. mini/eh

Avatar, ah? I didn't know we sighed up to control half human half alien bodys? (If you get the joke you WIN. If you don't then you FAIL.

My Youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/ehannon1234

I was surprised that the models in the centre of Legoland weren't minifig scale, there were no minifigs they had created their own Lego people on a larger scale. It was very clever the things they had made some were huge.

I particularly like the Canary Wharf Tower because they put a Dalek half way up as a mini homage to the Doctor Who episode.

Here are the photos on my Brickshelf page.

I worked it out. If you use Legolands Pick a Brick you'll get 100g for £4.00 having it weighed it out, using 1x4 bricks. (ie Lego part no. 3010) you'd get 70 bricks. That works out at 5.7p each.

If purchased on Bricklink the same brick costs 1p to 2p for the standard colours (go to the rarer colours they cost more)

So definitely better spending your money on Bricklink.