Topic: Free LEGO with The Daily Mirror (Update)

Not sure if some of you in the UK remember this topic. I mailed out seven vouchers from the Daily Mirror plus a check for S&H for the 12 free Lego sets; since Woolworths is quite a drive from where I live. According to one of their reps, they said that the package should have been there by Chrismas. It's well after Christmas already and still no 12 free Lego sets. I called the customer service number on their website and told them about it. She said that there was a problem because there was an overwhelming response to the mail in offer. They will either send me vouchers for the Lego sets or offer a full refund. It's 'in discussion' at the moment as to what they are going to do. mini/confused

Has anyone else received their mail in offer or also have this problem?

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Re: Free LEGO with The Daily Mirror (Update)

Mine came months ago.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

mini/bigsmile Hi im subscribed to you dewfilms any way, no what sets were they?

Help there's a new AE im still stuck with CS3 mini/confused

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

1. Don't post in threads if you don't know what they're about.
2. Don't hijack threads.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

1. Maybe he wants to know what they are about, therefore he has a right to post here because it is on topic.
2. Tell him what hijacking a thread means, or he'll think you are being mean to him, I already had one PM today from a new member saying he was quitting because he thinks nobody likes him mini/bigsmile

OK.
Hijacking is when you take over someone's thread with your own topic.

I got my Daily Mirror sets on the day, so I don' have much to say on this one.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I recieved mine but my Grandma also sent for some and her's are yet to arrive.

_2014

rsteenoven wrote:

1. Maybe he wants to know what they are about, therefore he has a right to post here because it is on topic.
2. Tell him what hijacking a thread means, or he'll think you are being mean to him, I already had one PM today from a new member saying he was quitting because he thinks nobody likes him mini/bigsmile

I hate that people on this site are too hard on the new guys mini/sad

New films-
The New Neighbor
Solanum
Casting Call for Solanum started!

Update...
Contacted them today. Very helpful and polite, I must say. They are trying their best to either get a voucher, refund or all 12 Lego sent out. But due to limited supply and apparently a LOT of mail in requests, it will be first come first served. Which I find odd because I posted mine fairly quickly and still haven't received anything.

So, if you are like me and haven't received your free Lego offer yet...you might want to phone them ASAP before a flood of calls go through and they run out of Lego sets.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Pardon the double post...but the sets arrived in the post this morning. Woo hoo! mini/bigsmile

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Result mini/wink

My Nan sent off for them ages ago, but apart from that, I haven't heard or seen anything of them. I have a feeling she won't do anything about it if they don't come, as she said that she doubted they'd come in the first place mini/sad ...

...Or she might have given them to my cousin mini/rolleyes

I got mine. It's what I made some of my Batman vehicles from, which you can see here.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

mini/sad

There's never any 'free Lego' giveaways or contests around here...

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

Put it this way Neo Leo, the shop that was giving the lego away is bankrupt and shutting down pretty much all its stores I think.

Yeah...sounded like a good shop.We didn't have them in Ireland.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

I wish we still had one here in my city.  lol  Ours closed around 1997, with those in the UK closing early this year.  This economy is quite a well-dug hole that many businesses are falling into.

Congrats on receiving your sets, guys. mini/bigsmile

Last edited by DarthVincentPrice (January 29, 2009 (07:31pm))

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!