Re: AniExer-size Animation Contest [CLOSED]

The people who don't want partners to be allowed to enter have a bit of flawed logic. Restricting the best from entering a contest (and partners aren't even necessarily the best - we've seen that over and over) will only hurt the competition and discourage younger brickfilmers from really improving.

- Leo

I'll see what I can get done for this...

Folks who never do any more than they get paid for, never get paid for any more than they do.

Hazzat wrote:

Uh... Why can't we enter? It's not like adverts give us an advantage.

Hey, hey, hey. I don't want anybody to hold a grudge on me. Im just saying normally partners have good films. As read in the "Partner Program" Application" it says that the films must be good quality. You see, the contest (like VN said) is to help improve the quality of the brickfilm. Now if your a partner it means your already fairly good and I know you will say "Now wait just a cotton darn second (lol) everyone wants to improve!" and I know that, its just theres a lot of room to improve for a beginner like me but for Hazzat and all them people theres not as much room for improvement. I hope this reverts your minds.
Sorry for the big hula-ba-lula. mini/smile

VN wrote:
BrightShadow99 wrote:

I don't want to be picky but will there be a rule in the future so the partners can't enter.

No, that would be totally unfair. Just because certain brickfilmers are more popular than others doesn't give them the upper edge. If the viewers voted on the winners then partners would obviously have an advantage, but that is not the case.

Im sorry, Im sorry, Im sorry. I hope you will forgive me and this will not effect anyones odds. mini/sad

Hazzat wrote:

Being a YouTube partner has nothing to do with the quality of content (well, it does to the extent of no slideshows). Besides, Nick Durron is one of the finest brickfilmers around, but he's not a partner.

Why do you hate me? mini/confused

BrightShadow99 wrote:
Hazzat wrote:

Being a YouTube partner has nothing to do with the quality of content (well, it does to the extent of no slideshows). Besides, Nick Durron is one of the finest brickfilmers around, but he's not a partner.

Why do you hate me? mini/confused

How does he hate you ?

Can you enter a film that has already been released?

-Jon64

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4876920171_59c4d4ac70.jpg
More videos on my Youtube Channel or on my (now updated) Webstite

No.

Livinglego and I are doing a co-production for the contest. (and brickflix is helping)

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

BrightShadow99 wrote:
VN wrote:
BrightShadow99 wrote:

I don't want to be picky but will there be a rule in the future so the partners can't enter.

No, that would be totally unfair. Just because certain brickfilmers are more popular than others doesn't give them the upper edge. If the viewers voted on the winners then partners would obviously have an advantage, but that is not the case.

Im sorry, Im sorry, Im sorry. I hope you will forgive me and this will not effect anyones odds. mini/sad

I'm not angry at you, and I hope it didn't sound like that. I was just trying to clear this situation up.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Jon64 wrote:

Can you enter a film that has already been released?

-Jon64

Slight update on this, you may use some preexisting footage but it has to be a new upload to YouTube.  Entirely new videos are encouraged but after some confusion regarding the rule because it was added after some entries had already been submitted.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

BrightShadow99 wrote:

Why do you hate me?

He doesnt hate you. He is just trying to prove why its a bad idea to restrict partners from entering the contest. Hating you would be if he verbally attacked and insulted you - which Hazzat has never and will never do.
Its kind of like saying I hate you for making this post. I dont. I have only met you in this thread, and it would be wrong to pass such judgement over one topic (and I only hate people who insulted me or my family constantly)

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

I finally got around to animating the first scene.

what a double post necessary to add every smiley available? mini/rolleyes

Last edited by Sean (August 3, 2009 (02:42am))

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Please don't spam like that.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Newbies have got to learn mini/madhead

But they should read the rules first...

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

.. and they don't read them...

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

A game of "tag" would fit the theme, right VN?

Sleuth5000 wrote:

A game of "tag" would fit the theme, right VN?

Sure! That'll be a neat way to implement the theme. mini/smile

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff