Re: For anyone else in south-east England...

Yesh, i heard back from them! But i might not be able to go. D: the time is unconvienient.

How long ago was this? I'll go and see if I got a reply...

EDIT: And I have! They say you can collect tickets from 9am on the day... I assume this is at the event, rather than on the Internet?

Last edited by Hazzat (July 29, 2009 (08:25am))

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Here are the full details as per the film companies email:

James May’s Toy Stories
The first event will be held at:

Denbies Wine Estate, London Road, Dorking, Surrey RH5 6AA

On
Saturday August 1st 2009 from 10:00
James will be holding five Lego building sessions at which we can accommodate 120 people each. If weather means the event can be held outdoors as well we may be able to allow more people to take part.

The sessions will be held at 10:00, 11:30, 13:00, 14:30 and 16:00. All sessions will last one hour each. Every session will be filmed and so you must be prepared to appear on TV!

Due to the huge level of interest we have received we are turning this into a ticketed event – but there will be no charge.
You will be able to collect two tickets per person for one of the above sessions from 09:00 on Saturday morning.

Once the tickets are gone, you can wait to see if we can accommodate more people at the sessions but we can make no guarantees.

If you are unsuccessful on this occasion, you will be able to register your interest for future sessions.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT JAMES WOULD ALSO LIKE YOU TO BRING ANY UNWANTED LEGO WITH YOU THAT YOU ARE HAPPY TO DONATE TO HIS HOUSEBUILDING CAUSE.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BRICKYMAN WOULD ALSO NOT LIKE TO BRING ANY LEGO WITH HIM THAT HE IS HAPPY TO DONATE TO THIS HOUSEBUILDING CAUSE.

Looks like it might be quite hard to get on this event, will have to leave very early in the morning to get there in time. Haven't got time to make a Bricks in Motion T-Shirt. So if you want to say hello, I'm 40 yrs old I will be dressed all in black, wearing an 'All Blacks' rugby shirt and will have a small green camera rucksack with me and if you are young make sure your parents are with you when you say hello, I don't want to be falsely accused of anything mini/lol

*********Here is the latest email from the organizers **********

Due to the high level of interest in this event, unfortunately we are unable to reply to individual emails.
IMPORTANT - UPDATED INFORMATION

Thank you for your interest in helping James May build his Lego house for his new BBC 2 series, James May's Toy Stories.

Please be aware that due to the huge level of interest we are now turning this into a ticketed event – but there will be no charge.

Six hundred tickets will be available from 9.30am - 120 tickets for each of the five sessions we are holding. Each person (adult or child) will only be allowed ONE ticket to ONE of the Lego building sessions and must collect their ticket in person. Once the tickets have gone, we cannot guarantee entry. We will accommodate more people if we can.

Please therefore consider carefully before travelling long distances as there is a risk you may be turned away on the day.  Due to filming commitments, please note that, unfortunately, there will be no photo or autograph opportunities with James.

The Lego building sessions are at 10:00, 11:30, 13:30, 15:00 and 16:30 - but tickets for ALL sessions will be available from 09:30. Every session will be filmed and so you must be prepared to appear on TV.

All children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

The event is at:
Denbies Wine Estate, London Road, Dorking, Surrey RH5 6AA
On Saturday August 1st 2009

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, but please do remember we cannot guarantee entry. Remember to bring an umbrella in case you have to queue for a ticket and it's raining.

If you are unsuccessful on this occasion, you may be able to register your interest for future sessions.

PLEASE ALSO REMEMBER THAT JAMES WOULD ALSO LIKE YOU TO BRING ANY UNWANTED LEGO WITH YOU THAT YOU ARE HAPPY TO DONATE TO HIS HOUSE BUILDING CAUSE. They are not to be used during the day, as we must use new and undamaged bricks for maximum strength.

Last edited by Si665 (July 31, 2009 (01:54am))

I took loads of photos, they are on the other link here

THERE IS STILL A CHANCE FOR YOU TO TAKE PART IN THIS:

Here is an email I just received

BBC2 JAMES MAY’S TOY STORIES
Thank you to everyone who came along on Saturday 1st August to help James with his giant Lego house. The turn out was incredible and more than two thousand Lego components were made that James can start building with.
But James’ mammoth task is far from over. His house will be made up of more than two million bricks and he still needs your help.
So we are looking for a SMALL number of volunteers each day from now until the house is finished some time next week.
If you have a free day and would like to be involved, please send an email to [email protected] saying which date/s you could make and how many people you would like places for. You should also tell us why you want to be involved.
Please note that we cannot admit children under the age of 12 and that there must be one adult present for each child.
THIS IS AN INVITATION ONLY EVENT AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP WITH THE BUILD UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY US AND BEEN TOLD YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL.
The Lego house is being constructed in Dorking, Surrey. Unfortunately we cannot offer any help with expenses. You should bring a packed lunch with you or there are restaurants where you can buy meals on site.
We cannot guarantee that James May or TV cameras will be present every day, but this is a unique opportunity to make history.

Simon Will you be going?

mini/cat

Probably not, I want to, but as it is during the week, I can't go. Got to look after my little boys mini/smile

Si665 wrote:

wearing an 'All Blacks' rugby shirt

England not performing up to scratch so you migrated? Can't say I blame you mini/tongue

Actually, truth be told, my Mum went to New Zealand on her holiday a while ago and bought it for me as a present. It's an official one, so the real deal and it is quite flattering on me. Anything that makes me look thinner is a winner mini/smile