Topic: STAR: The Aftermath

So, STAR has ended. What do you guys think/feel? It's been four months since it was announced.
Oh, BTW, I don't have my recording because it was 108GB.

-Don

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Re: STAR: The Aftermath

It was really good, I hope it is earlier to benefit us europeans next time.

_2014

Well,I don't mind,that's a huge file.
After viewing some films,It was good.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Sorry, deleted it. It was 6-7 hours of just endless recording.

-Don

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

I kind of miss all the hype over it. But I'll adjust.

I wish I had gotten a chance to finish my film for it, but at least it has gotten me working on a brickfilm again. There's a lot of good entries, it's going to be tough to judge.

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

I miss it. mini/sad

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I hope that future "big" contests will give more lead time.  3 months is not very long when you're talking about making a short film of any substance, and stop-motion can be so slow, needs tons of time.  Why not 6 or 9 months?

Personally, I doubt I'll be able to do any more contests, too hard on a marriage, though I do intend to keep brickfilming, just on my own time-table.

I learned tons from the experience, too much for this post.  I might try to jot it all down while it's fresh in my mind though.

Aftermath-wise, it's a little hard to get back to real life.  working hours on the film was grueling but in some weird way also exciting.  Doing the dishes is just a little more dull now than it was before. mini/smile  I also have tons on my "to do" list that I kept putting off until after the contest that's going to keep me busy for a while. 

Oh, and I shaved my beard, back to a goatee.  I couldn't waste time shaving when I was working on my entry. mini/smile

AncientBricks wrote:

I hope that future "big" contests will give more lead time.  3 months is not very long when you're talking about making a short film of any substance, and stop-motion can be so slow, needs tons of time.  Why not 6 or 9 months?

I agree, STAR was not originally intended to be a big contest, just something to get the community back to life after I became admin, but people almost universally demanded I remove the 3 minute time max time limit.  The prizes also improved when ManVan agreed to donate a first prize, so in the end it was a fairly large contest.  But once prizes / funding for future contests are worked out I would like to announce the next summer contest quite a bit earlier next year, if not late this year.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png