Topic: Dynamic Duo?

OK, as you all know, I do a little series called Mike and Ike. But I've hit a dead end. I can keep making episodes, but, the way I designed the characters, I can't take it very far. Here are the blocks
- I have to do a very high voice for Mike, which is something never seen in a college kid (and I really can't do it that much these days).
- The characters are really designed for the first episode, it didn't occur to me how they would fit later episodes.
- I designed their personalities along with the characters, which makes the episodes have to fit them, instead of vice versa
- Their too goody-good. They can't have any bad words or violence.
- Their average college kids, not too funny. Take a look at some of the good ones: Benny n' Lee, Alex and Derrick, Kevin and Mr. Tater, etc...each buddy is so diverse from the other.

So, I propose to drop them (or make a final episode) and start a new series: Dave and The Captain! I'm not gonna reveal any more.

Feedback?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Re: Dynamic Duo?

do I see a brick massacre following?

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

I can do Mike for you

How about making a film other than a dynamic duo. You seem to be thinking as though dynamic duos are the only type of film. LEGO is all about being creative, and so should brickfilming. Make a duo if that's what you want, but personally, I would make something more origional.

Personally, the college room mate duo's are getting very old, it'd be so cool if someone did a super hero duo, or two mad guys who are continuously trying to blow up the world each episode, but never succeeding.

Well, what about something original and not ANOTHER dynamic duo. Come on, it looks like all those new people are doing dynamic duo's because of blunty's Meatspace. You don't want to count as a beginner don't you? Dynamic duo's are rarerly fun to watch, and your last episode didn't get good critics. Yes, you can do something with pirates, but make a totally fresh story without the sofa, the tv, and the frikkin' computer.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

fib12345 wrote:

I propose to drop them (or make a final episode)

You should have stopped your sentence there. Dynamic duos, with the notable exception of a few well-established ones, are synonymous with amateurish brickfilms. Please do yourself a favor and move on to something else.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

I hear your feedback, and thank you. Maybe I'll start a new series. Totally fresh. Liek no couch and tv.

But what...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Riley wrote:

or two mad guys who are continuously trying to blow up the world each episode, but never succeeding.

Thats from "Pinky and the Brain" mini/bigsmile

BTW, my upcoming D.D. will be two six year olds, not collage kids.

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Fib, just look at the news for a few days, and maybe you'll find something. Also, it doesn't have to be funny. There are more things than funny. Drama, Horror, and even Romance. Just think about it.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''