Topic: question Concerning money

okay so ever since i started animating i have used my dads nikon D60 with the use of a remote control and then just importing the photos on to my mac because my computer isn't next to my studio
But lately i was thinking of saving upp for adobe after effects because i get the student discount but then decided against that
So now i am thinking about saving up for a windows running laptop and buying a canon powershot A620? so i can have my comp next to my studio
I sthis a good idea or not if so can anybody recommend a laptop that is nice prefarbly under 500$ Space isn't a problem cause i am getting a 1 tb hardrive
But is there any other suggestions on what I should do'Should I stick with what I got or should i buy the laptop
Thanks
-Mutuceba

Re: question Concerning money

I would really stick with what you have, a nikon D60 is incredible. besides, that's what I do anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

DSLRs are osum. Stick with it and get AE.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Mutuceba wrote:

okay so ever since i started animating i have used my dads nikon D60 with the use of a remote control and then just importing the photos on to my mac because my computer isn't next to my studio
But lately i was thinking of saving upp for adobe after effects because i get the student discount but then decided against that
So now i am thinking about saving up for a windows running laptop and buying a canon powershot A620? so i can have my comp next to my studio
I sthis a good idea or not if so can anybody recommend a laptop that is nice prefarbly under 500$ Space isn't a problem cause i am getting a 1 tb hardrive
But is there any other suggestions on what I should do'Should I stick with what I got or should i buy the laptop
Thanks
-Mutuceba

Well, if you want a good webcam which is easy to hook up to a computer, I would suggest the QuickCam Pro 9000 or a QuickCam Pro 4000. The 4000 is cheaper, you can get it for around $20 on eBay. The 9000 is $100 at software stores.

For a laptop, I'm not so sure. Maybe google it?

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

For a NEW 9k, its about $70 USD via Skype.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Problem solved my mom has a 2 year old aptop tat she is letting me have'thanks guys
but you guys think i should get Ae so i guess i will save up for that and a canon powershot A620
-Mutuceba

STICK WITH THE NIKON. that D60 is suberb.

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

Can It get live feed with any stopmotion program on windows

Yes, if it has some kind of cable that connects to it, or something.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Mutuceba wrote:

i am getting a 1 tb hardrive

1tb, what sort of things are you going to be saving.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv114/BozoMuffin/BiMpictureSIG.jpg

everything
and a bunch of movies tv shows and songs from itunes

Save your money up and come to the PC side. hehe.

I would keep using your D60. the D60 is a sweet camera, (and I'm a canon guy mini/wink ) you could alway hook up your camera via the USB and run a remote capture program, thats what I did for a while when using a Canon Powershot S40. great results too.

I now use a Canon 400D DSLR with a cable release like you, now, what I have done is taken an old portable DVD player that had died and cannibalized the screen. I don't know about the D60 but the Rebel line has a video out function AND comes with a cable. a quick trip to radio shack to get the needed converters and bam I've got a video village monitor hooked up to my camera which displays all my camera settings (unlike the Nikon where the setting have their own screen) and when I take a frame it displays the previous frame as I go. it also saves my battery life as I don't have the LCD on the camera on.

I really like the system because it gets a big bulky computer out of the way on my relatively smallish animating table.

if you want PM me and I'll take some pics of it for you.
~Casey