Topic: The cheapest lighting for brickfilmers

Hello. I'm asking about if two desk halogen lamps of 50 watts are enough to get the best quality of pictures. One of brickfilmers told me to diffuse light reflecting it of white piece of paper. But it is hard to make a shadow which are useful for scenes in the open air - the shadow appears from this side where the sun shines, it means from different sides where the lamp is set. Can you advice me something on this. Thanks in advance mini/smile.

Re: The cheapest lighting for brickfilmers

If you're diffusing the light correctly, you shouldn't have shadows. How close are your lamps to your set?

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

They're ca. 17 cm close to my film set. I have one 20 W and second 35 W. In the wide scenes, it's well - the light may be either pointed directly to the set or be diffused by white piece of paper - it will be the same quality and I may make shadows.  But the problem is with the narrow scenes e. g. in the rooms. The illumination is quite good, too, but if I direct the camera (reflex Sony alpha camera) to some object of the set the shot either darkens or lightens. If I diffuse the light problem disappears, but shadows also disappear, because the light from the bulb may shine in the room or the sun from windows.

Offtopic: @Dorianjaro5 you should really have the same Watts in each lamp; unfair lighting will cause problems.

mini/cat