Topic: MonkeyJam Export help

When I try to export a avi, it just exports the audio, and the first few frames. It shows up fine in the preview, but won't export! Any ideas?

-a very miffed Gospelnut mini/madhead

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MonkeyJam Export help

I would find where all the photos are saved, and import them into another program to compile. I've found quite a few problems with MonkeyJam's avi export process. Great for capturing, but if you have problems exporting it's easier to skip MonkeyJam's method than fight it.
I recommend VideoMach 2.7.2 or VirtualDub for compiling.

Here's something I've found with Monkey Jam in my -extremely- limited time with it.  When I'd export an avi with Monkey Jam and then upload it to YouTube only part of the video would play.  What I found was that if I was animating at 15 FPS, I would need to end my film on a multiple of 15 or that last second of the film was cut off. 

Note that I've only uploaded a 2 second and a 5 second test to YouTube so far, so not sure if this is true of longer projects. 

Not sure if this helps or not, but just throwing it out there!  mini/confused

Thanks, Squash! Do you know of a good program to make credits?

Gospelnut wrote:

Do you know of a good program to make credits?

Sony Vagus

http://www.bestbrickstudios.net/images/banner003.png

simpsonking wrote:
Gospelnut wrote:

Do you know of a good program to make credits?

Sony Vagus

mini/smile 30 Day Trial.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Indeed, Sony VEGAS is a great program for making credits.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

VirtualDub won't download, and VideoMach 2.7.2 plays at 30 fps no matter what I do! mini/madhead

-Gospelnut

In VideoMach, before exporting did you hit the Floppy Disk icon beside the export arrow, then go to the Video tab and select Framerate, uncheck automatic, and Uncheck "Keep Original Duration" before choosing a framerate. Also, be wary of what compressor you use, some only give major options like 30, 24, and 25. If that isn't it though, I'll E-mail you a link to a copy of Virtual Dub. I believe I have one.

I didn't even try to export, I just got it to make a preview. I think I figured out what was up with MonkeyJam, It doesn't like mp3 format, if I use WAV, all is well. mini/confused Kind of odd...

-Gospelnut