Topic: 15fps Problems!

Ok, so I'm new to animating with 15fps and I'm doing a co-production in 15fps. My problem is that when I'm finished animating a scene and I preview the movie it's choppy! Even though it takes me about 10-12 frames to move the arm up and down. I want to turn a few heads and move arms up and down in the film. That's all I need to do. I've been trying to figure out how to animate in 15fps for 3 weeks now! Please! I'm already way behind schedule! Please help me!
Thanks.:(

Re: 15fps Problems!

Come on guys!:( I really need help!:(

If you are using monkeyjam, have you made sure the "Hold" is on 1?

What editing software are you using?
WMM? If so I strongly suggest switching to something like Adobe Premiere Elements 7; you can type in your frame rate and it just chops 'em all down for ya'!

mini/cat

Capedkid wrote:

WMM? If so I strongly suggest switching to something like Adobe Premiere Elements 7; you can type in your frame rate and it just chops 'em all down for ya'!

Except the problem is that APE7 costs money. I recommend MonkeyJam.

Rsteenoven wrote:

If you are using monkeyjam, have you made sure the "Hold" is on 1?

I'm using monkeyjam and the hold is on 1. Its just how do you make smooth animation! If I do tiny movements while moving a minifigs arm up and down it turns out slightly choppy and VERY slow. I see people like you Rsteenoven making smooth animation using 15fps and I am using 15fps but its not smooth! Its always choppy! Please help!:(

Capedkid wrote:

I'm sing Monkey Jam.

I think you just need to practice.

You also might want to try using different increments at different times in a movement.

For example, instead of moving an arm in steady increments, like this:

'   '   '   '   '   '   '   '   '   '   '   '   ' 

... you should try to ease in and out of the movement, like this:

'' '  '   '    '     '     '     '    '   '  ' ''

Ok, I tried it before but I'll try again.:)

Bright, lots of software have trouble processing Stop-Mo animations for the preview window. WMM does this a hell of a lot, and Vegas even does it a bit.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.