Topic: What Bulbs Should Be Used For Brickfilming?

Hi! I use these bulbs and they always make my sweat and I'm thinking "These bulbs can't be right!". So ya, please tell me what are the correct bulbs to use.
Cheers.:D

Re: What Bulbs Should Be Used For Brickfilming?

i used to use big ones not sure what kind, but now i just set up near a big window and use the blinds to change the ammount of light

Waht kind of bulbs do you use?

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

mackmoron11 wrote:

i used to use big ones not sure what kind, but now i just set up near a big window and use the blinds to change the ammount of light

You use the light from the windows to light your set? Not good.

I find that the 'Reveal' blue-ish ones are pretty good but the 'Natural Daylight' Work The absolute Best! mini/smile

mini/cat

Blue-white bulbs tend to be better. I use a 25 watt. You really want as low a wattage as possible.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Why would you want low wattage?

mini/cat

They don't get as hot. mini/wink

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Where do you recomend I get these 25W bulbs; I looked on Homebase and they only had 40W but they might just have not listed it on the website.
Cheers mini/smile

Last edited by hakan (July 1, 2009 (10:27am))

PLEASE HELP I REALLY NEED TO KNOW!!

BE PATIENT

Just go to a DIY shop or Homebase store, they will sell 25W bulbs.

sorry i really need to get patient lol mini/tongue

It won't really matter what kind we use for long; by 2010, most of us will be using those crummy energy efficient ones. Those of us who live in the USA, anyway.

I use this tiny normal colored one. Nothing special, it just gives off light. You should know, however, that just because you're sweating, it doesn't mean you're using the wrong lightbulbs. I get pretty hot while I animate, but my lighting is perfectly fine.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Americans using energy efficient lights? couldnt be!

Ok now I'm starting to get worried because I just got my Logitech QuickCam Pro9000 and I really want to start animating but if I leave my Lights on for 10mins I can feel my webcam get really hot. I'm really afraid my cams going to melt!:jaw: Please help!!! I need to animate for a Co-Pro!!:(

how many watts are they? 75 is real hot, 50 is hot, and 25 is cool. halogens are alot hotter than incandescant.

40W aren't very hot in fact they probably work the best!

mini/cat