Topic: Standing Firm

Hey guys, some of you here might remember me from Brickfilms.com  I haven't posted there in well over a year I think, I've left it behind.  I also have left this place be...lol.  Either way I hope a lot of you remember me! mini/smile  I've been working on my first feature film for almost 2 years now.  We have had LOTS of things going on, especially in the last 6 months.  Right now the film is in Post-Production.  Sony got ahold of us about a week and a half ago with interest in the project, so we will be finishing up Post to the best of our ability to send them a screener copy.  We hope they like it and take it for Wide DVD distribution.  Here's hoping!

Official Website: http://www.standingfirmmovie.com
Official Blog: http://www.standingfirmmovie.com/blog

Don't forget to visit the Gallery, Videos, News/Press pages for more information.

I think I've come a long way since my BF registration way back in 2003... mini/tongue

Last edited by Kyle (January 2, 2009 (10:14pm))

KyleProhaska.com - StandingFirmMovie.com - PraisePictures.com

Re: Standing Firm

Kyle, what kind of copyright license do you use for the sermon videos you upload? I'm just curious, since you seem to have a pretty professional game going on. Are they Creative Commons, or what?

Hey Night Owl, I remember you mini/wink  Our sermons don't use a copyright.  We allow people to make whatever copies they want, granted they aren't selling them but we don't have full control over that and that's ok.  We give away just as much as we sell and we always sell just enough to make more of them.  Someday with a specific series we might have to get into Copyrights and such if we want to take it anywhere like a REAL STORE or whatever, but for now all the current DVDs are free game.

The other issue is that with our pastor using clips from News stations, and other videos under a "fair use" type of cover...we CAN'T copyright our content because we would have to get permission for every single little thing he uses.

Last edited by Kyle (January 3, 2009 (07:42am))

That looks bloody professional. I like the style!

And hey Kyle, not seen you around these parts for some time. Welcome back.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/RockyFS/things/sigbim1_copy.jpg

-Available to answer questions on Hardware, Software, and Audio. Also, I recommend checking out the offical Free Software List

Thanks a lot guys, glad to be back. mini/smile  I"m afraid you wont see any animations coming from me, but it's not like things would be any different from before.

Hey Kyle, welcome back!
I remember when you first posted about this project, I'm glad to hear that it's still coming along!
Hopefully I will be able to watch it sometime in the near future. mini/wink

Blast from the Past? Or Beleaguered Mediocrity from the Past?

Hey Kyle,

I've actually been following this through CF. Great site.

- Leo