Topic: Books in progress

Uh, hi. I'm working on a film BOOKS and I need help with doing some effects in the backround.
The story is about a guy's library, whose characters come out of there books every night and have conversations.
One night the guy is walkin' around in 'is pajamas (with a warm glass of milk, of course) and he hears the noises...
So, I need to know how to do a rain effect in the backround, and a lightning effect at the beggining an end of the film.
The other effect(uh, a tip)I need some help with is the conversations the characters are having, I absolutley SUCK at writing these.

Please, help!

Last edited by Splodge (April 3, 2010 (06:02am))

Re: Books in progress

For the lightning effect, just use a fluorescent light, and shine it for a couple frames at a time. For the conversations, it really depends on the characters. You could have Sherlock Holmes and Nancy Drew arguing over detective techniques, or Edgar Allen Poe reading some of his poetry.

im not very good at the dialouge thing, but this sounds way cool.kinda like night at the museum

I'm good with conversations -- I could help.

Mcoov's advice for lightning was good. For rain, use SqirlzReflect (or whatever its called).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Let me first say that I really like this idea. It's surprisingly unique for a brickfilm, and I'd love to see this film actually be made.

mccov's technique is all you need for lightning... just keep it off the set interior so it only shines through the windows of the set. For rain, are you saying that you want rain outside the windows? Sqirlz should do the trick.

You've got a great concept, but you need to make it a story before you start thinking about specific conversations. Who is/are your main character(s)? What's the basic plot that the story will follow? Once you've got that, then decide on what characters are needed and what events need to occur to get you from start to finish.

You'll need an eclectic mix of characters, I think. Sherlock Holmes is a great choice. Tom Sawyer immediately came to my mind. I think a Shakespearean character would be quite amusing. I'm drawing a blank on any others, though I would advise you to steer clear of characters from books less famous from the movies they were made into (eg Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz).

Good luck. I hope this turns out.

Last edited by Noodle (June 28, 2009 (08:41pm))

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions