Topic: Montage clips

Where do people get the audio for montage clips like the usual suspects or that i am legend clip

Re: Montage clips

You can use a program to rip the audio/video from the movie DVD fairly easily. I use Fair Use.

does it work on macs

Ooh... you're in trouble then. There's a way to do it... I've used Soundflower and Audacity to make it work, but it's far easier to just find a PC that's running XP or earlier and use the good old standard Windows Sound Recorder. Just go into Edit>Audio Properties, click "Volume" under Sound Recording, and select Stereo Mix (the default is usually Microphone). Just click record, and every sound that goes from your computer to your speakers will be recorded (so make sure you turn off any system sounds for e-mail alerts, application startups, etc.). Just play the DVD, and the audio should be recorded.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Wow, I never knew you could do that. I think it'd be more helpful to use a program that gets the video and audio, though, since it makes it easier to match up the animation. When I've made montage clips, I go through the original shot frame by frame as I animate, so the timing is virtually identical.