Topic: Audacity Problems

Kinda what the title says.

Problem 1: How do I hook up the microphone to Audacity? The microphone is already plugged into the computer, and it is not broken.

Problem 2: When I open Audacity, it gives me the standard opening message, and brings me to the recording bit. I press the record button, but nothing happens. When I take the cursor off the button, it pops back up, but the cursor is put back on, it depresses again. This happens to all the other buttons too. I have the microphone plugged in.

Last edited by mcoov (June 21, 2009 (09:12am))

Re: Audacity Problems

I have a similar problem. whenever I have the volume on in audacity, and hit record, a loud beep screetching noise comes on, unless I have earphones on.

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

mcoov wrote:

Problem 1: How do I hook up the microphone to Audacity? The microphone is already plugged into the computer, and it is not broken.

OK, as it turns out, my mic was faulty, so I am using another mic. So the first problem is fixed.

NOS, your problem is that your microphone is picking up your speakers. its creating a ground loop and amping an amped signal causing feedback. solution, headphones as well as putting the mic further away from the speakers.

mcoov - the program is obviously not recognizing your mic. I think that is the reason for your second problem. does it still happen with the second mic?