Topic: New Camera

So, I'm in the market for a new camera. While my QuickCam 4000 has served me well, I know I can do better with image quality. I've been moving more in the direction of digital cameras rather than webcams, in terms of just browsing, but only have about $200 USD to spend on anything right now. Any suggestions for what type of camera I should? At my school, we have Nikon D40s for YearBook, and I like those, but are they alright for brickfilming?

Re: New Camera

If you don't mind spending all that money on a camera, get a Canon Powershot A620, or A640. If you'd like to get some other stuff, go for the Quickcam 9000 (there is a version for Mac, under a different name) or the Canon Powershot A85, which I believe is about $120. Use the rest for LEGO, software, or awesome gadgets.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Thanks, just bought a Canon PowerShot A85 off of ebay for $50, with plenty left over to spend on other things.

WOW. I wondered if this would be and good?

The Canon Powershot S3IS it is the same as the 'S5 IS'. And is very cheap of E-bay

EDIT: Maybe the S5 is OK with live view.

Last edited by zerowellies (June 19, 2009 (08:38am))

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

If you're looking for a Webcam, spring for the 9k. You'll have extra money, maybe you can grab a mic or something.

If you want a camera, go for something in the Powershot Series.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Canon Powershot A590IS

If you want a camera and price doesn't matter you could get the Powershot A85
Edit: Oh. How's it working for 'ya?