Topic: Pictures on top of pictures

okay when you animate and you have a footage of a sceurity camera kind of like hazzat's menace how do you do it? i know you have the picture then you draw like the thing to make it look like a security camera like the red circle but on the next image how do you get it the same as the picture before
Hopefully you can understand my question
-Mutuceba

Re: Pictures on top of pictures

What programs do you have for editing and special effects?

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

acorn and gimp also final cut express

Acorn and Gimp would only help if you're prepared to edit each frame individually. I'm sure there's a way you can draw boxes and things with Final Cut, but I've got no experience with that.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Or if you download Photoscape, you can apply the same image onto several images at the same time.

The easiest way to do this would be using layers in an editor and selecting a colour to be transparent in the upper layer.

For example if you use debugmode wax (This is freeware), create an image with your logo. For example make a border rectangle in red and set all the other area to pure green rgb(0,255,0).  Place the video on a lower layer and the image above the video. Now add a chroma key plugin and set a specific colour in the top logo image to transparent, in this case the green. The video shows through the areas that have been designated the chroma key colour.

For more info, go to youtube and look for "wax chroma key". There are many tutorials, most are for people in front of video background, but just replace the person with a still logo image. This way you can get what you want easily without the trouble of editing each frame individually.

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com

Is it for mac

How about this, you draw an image, with black behind it, then go to 'Final Cut Express' get your footage and the picture in separate layers with the CCTV thing on top. Set it to 'blend mode' and it lays on top of your footage.

eg. http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LegoDudez/Random/rec.png linked as it is rather big.

All I did was get 'Hazzat's' image, scale it, got the gimp magicwand tool selected the parts I wanted and copied them on to a new layer. Then I downloaded 'PixelScreen' and wrote "REC".

Any help?

Last edited by zerowellies (June 14, 2009 (11:23am))

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Yes thank you

This technique is also called compositing, right?

yes it is Phizzle

Mutuceba wrote:

okay when you animate and you have a footage of a sceurity camera kind of like hazzat's menace how do you do it? i know you have the picture then you draw like the thing to make it look like a security camera like the red circle but on the next image how do you get it the same as the picture before
Hopefully you can understand my question
-Mutuceba

never done anything like this but if i was i would make a new layer on photoshop then hold down shift and drag it onto the next frame.shift keeps it in the same place as where the original was

LegoDudez wrote:

How about this, you draw an image, with black behind it, then go to 'Final Cut Express' get your footage and the picture in separate layers with the CCTV thing on top. Set it to 'blend mode' and it lays on top of your footage.

eg. http://www.majhost.com/gallery/LegoDudez/Random/rec.png linked as it is rather big.

All I did was get 'Hazzat's' image, scale it, got the gimp magicwand tool selected the parts I wanted and copied them on to a new layer. Then I downloaded 'PixelScreen' and wrote "REC".

Any help?

that's exactly what he needs to do, only instead switch it to screen, and it should work better.

to get this in final cut express, go>modify>composite mode>screen.

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]